Richmond,VA Under Renovation Church Fire 1/6/2024

Although Baker manufactured Tower Ladders for FDNY etc for many years in Richmond, this was the first fire fought by an RFD AerialScope. TL-5 went in service on Wednesday and was special called above the second alarm.
This building was almost directly across the street for old E-15's quarters. I believe !5 struck the second on arrival.

There was a time also in Richmond the department ran a bunch of Quints. I know it was a while back , not sure if that is still the case.

There was a time also in Richmond the department ran a bunch of Quints. I know it was a while back , not sure if that is still the case.
I don't think they have any quints any more . . . but I'm not 100% sure. I know their 2 newest trucks are straight sticks, one of which is a TDA. They have 18 engines, 4 ladders and 2 rescues running in 4 battalions. They claim to have a hazmat capability, but the apparatus list on their web site doesn't list a dedicated hazmat unit . . . so?

The Richmond Total Quint approach operated from 1998 to 2014. Some of the 19 engines and 5 ladders may still use a quint apparatus while some have returned to separate engines and ladders. The Haz Mat unit was established in 1983. Rescue 2, cross staffed by Company 10 and Haz Mat 22, cross staffed by Company 22, provide Haz Mat capability. A snorkel was in service from 1968 to 1981.

Last edited:
I don't think they have any quints any more . . . but I'm not 100% sure. I know their 2 newest trucks are straight sticks, one of which is a TDA. They have 18 engines, 4 ladders and 2 rescues running in 4 battalions. They claim to have a hazmat capability, but the apparatus list on their web site doesn't list a dedicated hazmat unit . . . so?
Looks like they Cross Train Eng 22 & 8. Neighboring Henrico County does have a Dedicated Hazmat almost 60 Personnel They cover Richmond Intl Airport , Richmond Raceway , parts of 95 & 64 and the CSX Railyards.