RIGs in Procurement or Solicitation

Below is the list of Fire and EMS currently in Procurement or Solicitation:

- MOBILE EMERGENCY RESPONSE TREATMENT UNIT- QTY: 5
- COLLAPSE RESCUE TRUCK- QTY:7
- RESCUE TRUCKS (TANDEM AXLE)- QTY: 5(Awarded Seagrave)
- TIRE SERVICE TRUCK- QTY: 5 (Awarded)
- AMBULANCE Type 2- QTY: 425 (Awarded REV)

If the group wants unit from further back please let me know and I will add. This is what was awarded and solicitated in 2023.

If the group wants unit from further back please let me know and I will add. This is what was awarded and solicitated in 2023.
I believe it was established in the original thread that the 425 Type II buses was a typo

Bulldog

Bulldog

You are showing 5 rescues, the other thread https://www.nycfire.net/forums/threads/new-rescues.75581/ has 9, do you have any idea where the discrepancy is?

You are showing 5 rescues, the other thread https://www.nycfire.net/forums/threads/new-rescues.75581/ has 9, do you have any idea where the discrepancy is?
Bulldog, Yes it is 5. After talking with a few people, It was typo for quantity of 9. It is also the same question for collapse rescue with quantity. It is also the same thing about squad support because that suppose to 25 trucks but only went to 1 just for squad 8. But we will see. Unless you have different information, please enlighten me.

Lebby: I believe that is true but i have not heard of the corrected number.

Bulldog, Yes it is 5. After talking with a few people, It was typo for quantity of 9. It is also the same question for collapse rescue with quantity. It is also the same thing about squad support because that suppose to 25 trucks but only went to 1 just for squad 8. But we will see. Unless you have different information, please enlighten me.

Lebby: I believe that is true but i have not heard of the corrected number.
Nor have I, but my understanding is they are for the B-Heard buses to replace their leased vehicles.

it’s about time they start building more modern fire houses so they can start having modern fire trucks that don’t have to be speced around the fire house

it’s about time they start building more modern fire houses so they can start having modern fire trucks that don’t have to be speced around the fire house
where do they have room to build these modern houses and send the units to a different company's quarters for the duration of construction .

it’s New York City with the biggest planning department in the world. I’m sure they can figure it out. If they can’t, they have no business being in the game

If the remodeled Engine 63's to accommodate Ladder 39 it can be done. No movement of Engine 63 needed

I know it's been quite a while, but I've always wondered why when Rescue 1's new quarters was built that a wider apparatus door wasn't incorporated in the design.
It was built from scratch.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Bulldog, Yes it is 5. After talking with a few people, It was typo for quantity of 9. It is also the same question for collapse rescue with quantity.
If the price of the order is correct in the other thread that means that each new rescue is going to cost about $6 million? That's over 4 times what the previous rescues cost!

I know it's been quite a while, but I've always wondered why when Rescue 1's new quarters was built that a wider apparatus door wasn't incorporated in the design.
It was built from scratch.
Let’s see if the building they want for new rescue 1 happens…. Has like 3-4 bays