Runs & Workers 2022

Thank you for the stats.

AH or greater speaks for itself, but What constitutes as “fires”? Rubbish, cars, anything under AH?

And lastly are “emergencies” runs such as Gas, elevators, water leaks, etc? I’d imagine it’s the virtually all runs that aren’t AH+ and false alarms.

It’s great to see only 2 Engines are under 1k runs a Year E70 & E329…..

Hazmat with the big jump from Batteries

Marine Battalion seems very high tho

It’s great to see only 2 Engines are under 1k runs a Year E70 & E329…..

Hazmat with the big jump from Batteries

Marine Battalion seems very high tho
I’d say one reason Marine Batt is higher is due to the (newer?) policy of assigning a marine company to fires that are somewhat near the water. I’ve seen fires that are a number of blocks from coastline where marine is assigned only to be returned.

Thank you for the stats.

AH or greater speaks for itself, but What constitutes as “fires”? Rubbish, cars, anything under AH?

And lastly are “emergencies” runs such as Gas, elevators, water leaks, etc? I’d imagine it’s the virtually all runs that aren’t AH+ and false alarms.
Fires can be anything from outside rubbish to a top floor job. Emergencies are not fires: water leaks, elevators, gas leaks, etc. An all-hands can be for a fire or an emergency. Since they no longer report false alarm numbers I don't know if they're even counted at all as a run (which they should), and if they are, if they're a non-fire response. I never got involved with how the numbers are counted. I just transcribe the data that Operations puts out.

Fires can be anything from outside rubbish to a top floor job. Emergencies are not fires: water leaks, elevators, gas leaks, etc. An all-hands can be for a fire or an emergency. Since they no longer report false alarm numbers I don't know if they're even counted at all as a run (which they should), and if they are, if they're a non-fire response. I never got involved with how the numbers are counted. I just transcribe the data that Operations puts out.
Thanks!

Thanks Frank for getting the info out and the stellar work you do every year. Some crunching of the data

ENGINE COMPANIES:

Top 20 Engines in Runs:

Busiest Engines RUNS.png

10 of the top 20 busiest engines are in The Bronx

Top 20 Engines in FIRES:

Busiest Engines FIRES.png
12 of the top 20 fire duty engines are in The Bronx - Heavy activity in Battalions 18, 19, 27

Remember Bronx has 30 engine companies and Brooklyn has 61.

Top 20 Busiest Ladders - RUNS

Busiest Ladders Runs.png

Manhattan Ladders very busy with 8 of top 20 spots Bronx 6 of 20

Top 20 Busiest Ladders - FIRES

Busiest Ladders FIRES.png

Brooklyn Ladders seeing a lot of Fire Duty

Busiest Squads - Runs

Busiest Squads RUNS.png

The Bronx Squads are busy !!! SQ 41 running more than twice the runs as SQ 288

Busiest Squads - FIRES

Busiest Squads -Fires.png

If your looking for fire duty in one of the Squads, The Bronx is the place to be with SQ41 (covers Manhattan North of 125th Street as well) and SQ61

SOME NOTES: Bronx has 30 Engines or 1 per 49000 people or 1 per 1.9 Sq Miles. Brooklyn has 61 Engines or 1 per 44600 people or 1 per 1.6 Sq Miles

Good question about the squads is how many of the calls for Squad 41 are above 42nd Street to 125th that’s how you know if another squad is needed. Since Div 3 is the only Division without a “Squad”

what is constituted as medical emergency's under special units ? ems runs like in a trench or other location requiring specials units . of incidents such as fires with victims

HCO

The five basic FDNY Fire stats and 2022 percentages:
Fires: Structural 3.64% and Non-Structural 2.18%
Emergencies: Non-Fire 36.26% and Medical (CFR) 54.70%
Malicious False: 3.22%
Total Alarms: 650,187

Last edited:
Well Done.

"Emergencies: Non-Fire 36.26% and Medical (CFR) 54.70%

54.7 % CFR Runs Generate Significant FDNY Revenue,
while >36.2% Gas/Electrical Emergencies Generate Significant FDNY Expense.

I Wonder If/When NYC will Finally seek some Compensation from Con Ed & NatGrid for providing Emergency Utility Service
to Their Customers? :unsure: