Salvatore Cassano

M

melvindoo

Hey guys. I was just curious as to if anyone has a history of salvatore cassanos carreer. Ive been looking all over and cant find anything ! Info im looking for are things like (years on the job, previous assignments,what made him special to receive the honor of running the best department in the worlds history). Also, I was curious to the 'perks' he gets. Im prety sure he gets a staffed driver but any feedback would be great, thanks !.

found this about him Cassano became a New York City firefighter in November 1969 and worked for several years at engine companies in lower Manhattan. He was promoted to lieutenant in 1977 and worked at Ladder 113 in Brooklyn, where he also served after his promotion to captain in 1984. He continued to rise through the ranks as battalion chief, deputy chief, deputy assistant chief and assistant chief, working in various assignments throughout the city, including responsibility as the on-duty citywide tour commander. He has been cited five times for bravery during his career.

Following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Center, Cassano was named chief of operations, succeeding Daniel Nigro who was appointed chief of department following the line-of-duty death of Chief Peter Ganci. As chief of operations, Cassano held the second-highest uniformed rank in the department, managing daily fire and EMS operations for the department?s 11,500 firefighters and 2,800 EMTs and paramedics. In his role as chief of department he will oversee FDNY?s three major uniformed bureaus: operations, training and fire prevention.

M

melvindoo

wow ! thanks a ton man exactly what I was looking for ;D

He was also a veteran of the US Army prior to his career with FD. He lives in Staten Island.