Something going on in Brooklyn

Just saw reserve engine 518 in Williamsburg fully staffed any one know why ???

They usually staff in on OT and stand by while there is a tv show or film shooting.
Rescue Me was filliming today near Herbert St. in Brooklyn

Bastards need to get the hell out of my neighborhood and take all their trucks with them. They take up as little as 3 blocks and as many as 8 blocks for all their equipment and dressing trailers. And it takes atleast an hour of driving around in circles trying to find a parking spot.

tl-ff said:
Bastards need to get the hell out of my neighborhood and take all their trucks with them...

10-4!  I'm with you.  City Hall claims that they bring so much income to the City.  Sure isn't coming to you & me.  All we get is the aggravation.  I wonder exactly whose pockets or campaign chests are getting lined by the movie folks.  I'd applaud a protest group that stood across the street from these shoots and played cymbals and drums.

(Ummm.  anybody ever hear of sumfin' called a "movie set".  They've got a couple, I think, out on the left coast.)

bklyndisp54 said:
tl-ff said:
Bastards need to get the hell out of my neighborhood and take all their trucks with them...

10-4!  I'm with you.  City Hall claims that they bring so much income to the City.  Sure isn't coming to you & me.  All we get is the aggravation.  I wonder exactly whose pockets or campaign chests are getting lined by the movie folks.  I'd applaud a protest group that stood across the street from these shoots and played cymbals and drums.

(Ummm.  anybody ever hear of sumfin' called a "movie set".  They've got a couple, I think, out on the left coast.)

Greenpoint is full with studios and support facilities, most of them are only 3 blocks from my apartment. They took over the old factories and converted them into studios, so when they decide to go outside the studio they take up numerous blocks with all their trucks and seriously disrupt the locals. And it's not like it's once in a while. It's becoming a monthly thing where the neighborhood is invaded by snobs.