SoP for life alert and similar med monitoring

Good.morning

Does the FDNY utilize or recognize life alert type medical calls?

My question specifically relates to a Knox box type setup where the monitoring service remotely unlocks a box on the outside of the premises containing a key to the residence to prevent forced entry.

FDNY would have to obtain the location of the box and relay that info to the responding EMS or engine company.

Thank you for your help. I realize it is not official.

There is no such arrangement for these assignments. A medical alert call without further information will be dispatched by EMS as an 'Unknown.' If there is no answer and nobody on scene has access, EMS will request an engine company to take the door.

Hi. The monitoring service would inform 911 of an unknown medical emergency and the location of the key to the house.

I guess what you are saying is that the responding units wouldnt bother looking for the key? I can see this as a pia from a response standpoint for obvious reasons.

If we know the location of the Knox box and key or if the building or landlord has a key we use it. If not we request fire and we force entry.

dan

Unfortunately things are not progressive like that in NYC for a multitude of reasons too numerous to list here......just because an organization is the biggest and busiest does not make them the best or most progressive.......