Spare fleet

Yesterday I was talking with the officer of an engine company in Bronx. It is to his understanding that the spare engine fleet is very close to being depleted. His pumper is a KME and he had been told that his pumper will be out for about a year.

Yesterday I was talking with the officer of an engine company in Bronx. It is to his understanding that the spare engine fleet is very close to being depleted. His pumper is a KME and he had been told that his pumper will be out for about a year.
40 Spare Engines not counting Reserves
30 Spare Ladders not counting Reserves
25 Spare Towers
8 Spare Battalion / Divisions
3 Spare Staff vehicles

Paidge Avenue keeps about
18-20 Spare Engines
8-10 Spare Ladders
6-10 Spare Towers
3 Plow Trucks
2 Spare Emergency Crew
3 Tow Trucks
4 Fuel Trucks
Spare Satellite
Spare Field Com
Funeral Rig

Last edited:
Interesting, I didn't know about that location. Wild to see just how much apparatus FDNY keeps on ice "just in case", that many rigs is a fleet larger than most cities on its own!

Streetview from June 2022 also shows an old Mack Searchlight rig hiding in there as well
1707490276224.png

Back in the day when if there was no spare rescues they would recieve a Pumper. Is that policy still alive?

Back in the day when if there was no spare rescues they would recieve a Pumper. Is that policy still alive?
i know squads have recieved spare engines
but running out of spare rescue wouldnt be to easy as there is 6 or 7 spare rescues

Interesting, I didn't know about that location. Wild to see just how much apparatus FDNY keeps on ice "just in case", that many rigs is a fleet larger than most cities on its own!

Streetview from June 2022 also shows an old Mack Searchlight rig hiding in there as well
View attachment 42159
197 Front Line Engines need to keep a decent amount of spares

engines companies would probably see more wear and tear then truck companies so more likely to be out of service not counting lemon rigs of truck companies .