Spare Rescues

The specs can be easily written so that compartment configuration, dimensions, lighting, doors, shelving, reels, generator, and so on are pretty much identical to the Ferrara body, obviously the cab would be slightly differently but close.

Bulldog

Bulldog
The specs can be easily written so that compartment configuration, dimensions, lighting, doors, shelving, reels, generator, and so on are pretty much identical to the Ferrara body, obviously the cab would be slightly differently but close.
Hopefully the quality will be better than the Ferraras! It will be interesting to see if they go with the Seagraves bid.

Hopefully the quality will be better than the Ferraras! It will be interesting to see if they go with the Seagraves bid.
Seagrave or E-One would be interesting to see. Before 9-11 before the E-One Cyclone/Saulsbury HME Replacement someone might have more knowledge on it but I saw drawings from Seagrave designed by Terry Hatton for what would've been his design rescue?

BCR

Seagrave or E-One would be interesting to see. Before 9-11 before the E-One Cyclone/Saulsbury HME Replacement someone might have more knowledge on it but I saw drawings from Seagrave designed by Terry Hatton for what would've been his design rescue?
I believe he helped design the E-One rigs

And wasn't that because the Rescue Body was being built by Saulsbury? And he was working with Saulsbury to design the Rescue
And wasn't that because the Rescue Body was being built by Saulsbury? And he was working with Saulsbury to design the Rescue Prototype.
E-one purchased Saulsbury in 1998 partly to gain entry into the Stainless Steel body market. Prior to this time the FDNY Rescues that were built during the late 80’s and 1990’s had Mack cabs or HME cabs with a Stainless Steel Saulsbury body. With the EOne acquisition of Saulsbury the idea was to build an EOne Cyclone cab in Florida and ship it up to Prebble NY where the newly acquired Saulsbury plant would fabricate the FDNY Rescue body and complete the final construction of the rigs. In 2004, the former Saulsbury plant in Prebble was closed and the Stainless Steel body manufacturing relocated to Hamburg NY at the former site of RD Murray, another fire apparatus manufacturer that was purchased by Federal Signal who had by then also Purchased EOne

10100 11236 10300, Foster Ave, Brooklyn, NY

In the google street view you can see it parked behind a caged garage door

E-one purchased Saulsbury in 1998 partly to gain entry into the Stainless Steel body market. Prior to this time the FDNY Rescues that were built during the late 80’s and 1990’s had Mack cabs or HME cabs with a Stainless Steel Saulsbury body. With the EOne acquisition of Saulsbury the idea was to build an EOne Cyclone cab in Florida and ship it up to Prebble NY where the newly acquired Saulsbury plant would fabricate the FDNY Rescue body and complete the final construction of the rigs. In 2004, the former Saulsbury plant in Prebble was closed and the Stainless Steel body manufacturing relocated to Hamburg NY at the former site of RD Murray, another fire apparatus manufacturer that was purchased by Federal Signal who had by then also Purchased EOne
Okay. All I was saying was that Capt. Hatton was working with Saulsbury to design the Rescue Box regardless of who fabricated the cab and chassis. The cab and chassis could have been made by anyone as it had been in the past.

Okay. All I was saying was that Capt. Hatton was working with Saulsbury to design the Rescue Box regardless of who fabricated the cab and chassis. The cab and chassis could have been made by anyone as it had been in the past.
yes understood.....I was just shedding some light on the crazy mergers and acquisitions that were going on back then and how Eone and Saulsbury got combined into one rig. Yes, Capt H was very excited about the new rigs he was helping to spec. May he rest in eternal peace. All good stay safe brother

Last edited:
yes understood.....I was just shedding some light on the crazy mergers and acquisitions that were going on back then and how Eone and Saulsbury got combined into one rig. Yes, the Caps was very excited about the new rigs he was helping to spec. May he rest in eternal peace. All good stay safe brother
Thanks for your info. May Capt. Hatton continue to Rest in Peace. Stay safe and take care, brother