SUPER PUMPER 1

What would how busy a company is have to do with a unit that’s stored there? E37 is a busy shop but the decon shower that was once housed there wasn’t busy
I believe his point is that E238 would be more available to respond with the Super Pumper than E260.

mack

Administrator
I think Super Pumper and Tenders were with Engine 211 & Ladder 119 on Hooper St. near the Brooklyn Navy Yard, in Williamsburg. Then after the 1975 layoffs it was moved to Engine 207. Yes up to the move to E-207 I had it own crews. I have seen photos of helmets Black front shield with Super Pumper and Captains Front Piece White with Super Pumper on Black Insert on it, the Captain and Firemen rode in Car 71.See Below. Capt. Bob Rainey FDNY E-ng. 26 retired.

View attachment 24601

Super Pumper when quartered at E 211.

vvvv.jpg

E 211, L 119, Super Pumper and Super Tender in one firehouse. There was a detailed search for the right firehouse to place the Super Pumper and Super Tender while the new firehouse for the Super Pumper system was being built and L 119 received a shorter high ladder to fit behind E 211.

SP FIREHOUSE WNYF.jpg

L 119 ap 15 high ladder.jpg

Super Pumper and Super Tender quarters on Tillery St.

SP Tillery.jpg

superpumper1.jpg

Supertender.jpg

c3bdd3198731412f6908c217bf8a88d2.jpg

Super System - Original Satellites

SP 2.jpg

How many runs do you guys think it’ll have in a year? My guess 1 or 2. It’s not a high rise unit or a Haz Tec 2nd Piece

Let’s look back this year. How many fires do you think it would have went to? 1?
The Run Card for the Super Pumper has not been made up yet. As it will be going on the 10-86 and they haven’t decided on a alarm level possible 3 or 4th alarms and Marine Unit Boxes, like Navy Yard, some Staten Island boxes and some Bronx boxes. They had to wait to do training and finish E260 floor to make sure it’s going to work at that station. The backup for E260 didn’t want anything to do with the super pumper so they are looking for a back up company and possible a 3rd back up. The plan was to replace the high rise units with something similar to the super pumper for high rise fires especially mega high rises but that was just at COVID so everything has slowed down and under new administration. E260 has only trained a hand full of guys once or twice on the super pumper. It has to be trained on a whole Company all tours and then each Marine Company, guys at SOC, and a back up or 2 company. A lot to go into this unit and COVID didn’t help the process that’s why it’s taking so long. This until will be inservice by Summer 2023.

Might be a stupid question but why not just have the rig and any future ones stay parked with SOC rather than being assigned to a specific house? Seems like a lot of prep work and reshuffling for a piece that may only get a handful of responses each year

Might be a stupid question but why not just have the rig and any future ones stay parked with SOC rather than being assigned to a specific house? Seems like a lot of prep work and reshuffling for a piece that may only get a handful of responses each year
The rig would be outside then.

snapchat-240542997-jpg.27473

Need notation on the bumper, maybe '' SUP 1 '' in large white characters like on the satellites, '' SAT 1 ''....

Last edited:

San Francisco just got the Rosebauer version of the Super Pumper. Testing got it up to 6800 GPM. If I heard it correctly they said the city is planning of buying 30 of these bad boys. Now the real question is…

Does San Francisco get 30 of these in service first, or does Super Pumper 1 hit the streets first? :LOL: