SUPER PUMPER 1

San Francisco just got the Rosebauer version of the Super Pumper. Testing got it up to 6800 GPM. If I heard it correctly they said the city is planning of buying 30 of these bad boys. Now the real question is…

Does San Francisco get 30 of these in service first, or does Super Pumper 1 hit the streets first? :LOL:
It will be inservice this year 😜

San Francisco just got the Rosebauer version of the Super Pumper. Testing got it up to 6800 GPM. If I heard it correctly they said the city is planning of buying 30 of these bad boys. Now the real question is…

Does San Francisco get 30 of these in service first, or does Super Pumper 1 hit the streets first? :LOL:

30 ? Why would any fire department need 30 of them ?

30 does seem like an awfully high number but given the cities susceptibility to water system damage in earthquakes having a mobile HP pumping system does make sense

30 ? Why would any fire department need 30 of them ?
The High Pressure water system in San Francisco did not grow with the city so a significant portion doesn’t have enough pressure for firefighting, hence the need for man high powered hose tenders. I suppose it’s cheaper for 30 multimillion dollar trucks as apposed to spending $19 million per block to upgrade the water system.

The High Pressure water system in San Francisco did not grow with the city so a significant portion doesn’t have enough pressure for firefighting, hence the need for man high powered hose tenders. I suppose it’s cheaper for 30 multimillion dollar trucks as apposed to spending $19 million per block to upgrade the water system.
1 of those trucks would be around 1 million dollar so way cheaper then 2 full blocks of upgrades

Not sure there is enough room doubt they would store a brand new rig outside

What is this a guessing game on where they could put it to save money?