Temporary Relocations

Can anyone advise if L3 (RECON) & B6 are still in their quarters or have they been temporarily relocated?

Last edited:
Update As of 7/11

E74 is still with L-25
C.R 1 is still with E-39 & L-16
Rac-1 is still with E-1 & L-24 (I Think)
E-218 is still with E-222 & B-37

E-287 & L-136 are still in a cage across the street from the fire house
E-43 is still in a cage across the street from the fire house
E-159 is in a cage next to the fire house

Last edited:
Update As of 7/11

E74 is still with L-25
C.R 1 is still with E-39 & L-16
Rac-1 is still with E-1 & L-24 (I Think)
E-218 is still with E-222 & B-37

E-287 & L-136 are still in a cage across the street from the fire house
E-43 is still in a cage across the street from the fire house
Would it be better if Engine 74 stayed with Ladder 25?

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Skyler Fire is correct about the property on 83 St being donated to FDNY. Having Eng 74 there provides faster 10-84 times to the community. Div 3 was moved into Eng 74's old quarters.

Squad Companies need to open in at least one per FDNY Division. The amount of specialized work that Squads do in the FDNY has risen over the last few years. The fact is that at MOST FDNY "All Hands fires", the Battalion or Division very often calls for an additional Engine and Truck above the All Hands. Having a, nearby, Squad respond early in the fire, it gives the Incident commander, the ability to have the Squad operate as an Engine Co. or a Ladder Co. as needed earlier in the fire. Instead of waiting for the Extra Engine and Truck to be dispatched, respond, and be ready to operate., "Often called Relex Time." In Boston FD years ago, "Boston War Years" they had "Rescue Pumping Units." = "R.P.U.s" that operated somewhat like squads, or so I am told. I worked few tours as a fireman in Squad 3 in Brooklyn and much latter in as a tour or two as a Covering Captain in Squad 1 in Brooklyn. Both great companies of great firefighters. The Squad unit's versatility makes them a needed and important part of fire operations in almost every fire department, big or small. Here are some internet photos of FDNY Squad Units then and more recently, and a Boston's R.P.U. "Remember our bothers" in the Newark N.J. F.D. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired FDNY Squad 3 Mack 1978.jpgFDNY Retired Squad 1 ALF.jpg Boston Squad-Engine RPU 11 c1966.jpg

Last edited:
When was 57 Avenue converted to "One-Way" as stated in the article? Is it possible the author referred to the 92 Street side which is "One-Way."