The appointment of Joseph Pfeifer as First Deputy Commissioner

Wait a minute, she actually appointed somebody with qualifications to become a Deputy Commissioner? She must be trying to help her image!
I think the appointment of Chief Pfeifer is absolutely great; but I cannot help but think of the phrase "damage control". :unsure:
He’s a great addition but this is complete damage control on her part. She playing politics 101

What do you think the Staff Chiefs who were demoted & the Staff Chiefs who relinquished their rank in support feel about this ?

I'm on the outside looking in and that was one of the first things I thought about.
How would ANY OF US FEEL if we were one of those chiefs that got demoted, or who gave up their rank in support of those demoted chiefs.

I did have the honor of meeting one of the chiefs involved in this mess.
A guy who I felt was certainly into the job and the kind of Chief that is a Role Model for Firefighters.
At least he seems to me the kind of Chief that any Fire Department throughout the country would want to have.

Joe is a good man I wish him the best of luck as 1st Deputy Fire Commissioner. 1st. Deputy Fire Commissioner Bill Feehan who was killed at the World Trade Center on 9/11/01, was a friend of mine and a mentor to me and so many others. Joe Pfeiffer is a great choice for this very important position, especially in light of the recent shakeup of the Ranking Chiefs in our beloved FDNY.

Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired

FDNY Bill Feehan Through the Years.jpg

Chief Pfeifer is obviously a solid choice for any job. The Mayor didn't go through all this misery just to stop his agenda now. Good luck to Commissioner Pfeifer. He should keep his rappelling gear close by.