The Fire Buff's Dream Wedding

I can relate to this story - My wedding reception was scheduled for the Little Neck Country Club in Queens in Sept 1971 - 15 days before a 5 alarm fire broke out - a member from E313 told me I could have the reception at their fire house (he was kidding) - he also said "kid maybe this is an omen". I am pleased to report it wasn't - just celebrated 40 years.

I had an ecumenical wedding - ceremony at St John's University chapel in Hillcrest and reception at the Utopia Jewish Center (fortunately they had a last minute cancellation) - not easy to find a place in 2 weeks for 180 guests - you can't imagine the scurrying we had to do!!

efd274 said:
I can relate to this story - My wedding reception was scheduled for the Little Neck Country Club in Queens in Sept 1971 - 15 days before a 5 alarm fire broke out - a member from E313 told me I could have the reception at their fire house (he was kidding) - he also said "kid maybe this is an omen". I am pleased to report it wasn't - just celebrated 40 years.

I had an ecumenical wedding - ceremony at St John's University chapel in Hillcrest and reception at the Utopia Jewish Center (fortunately they had a last minute cancellation) - not easy to find a place in 2 weeks for 180 guests - you can't imagine the scurrying we had to do!!

Great story there "efd" and congradulations on those 40 years.

And I think 1971 was actually the year that "Johnny D248" had  just started collecting Socical Security.