The Ventures/Days of Doo Wop

nfd2004 said:
REMINDER....Tonight (4/30) at 7pm a live show put on by Arminio Entertainment as Doreen Arminio celebrates her fathers birthday, Retired FDNY Firefighter Tom Brusca.

Starting at 6:30 pm, there will be an interview with Tony Dean who will post the show on youtube as well.

Tune in at 6:30 pm tonight:

https://www.facebook.com/joe.arminio

Another live show tomorrow night, Thursday, May 21st at 7 pm.

Tune in at:

www.facebook.com/joe.arminio

Show will also be presented on you tube later.

Last edited:
Stiletto & The Saxman did a Live Concert today, July 5th, from Krenlel's in Neptune, NJ

Next Saturday, July 11th, they will be at Miele's Restaurant in Verona, NJ from 7 - 9 pm. Reservations are required due to seating restrictions.

Monday July 13, at Seaside Heights Broadwalk for a FREE Outdoor concert from 7 - 9 pm

Also the NY Beach Club - July 25th

Also Monmouth Race Track - July 26th

Here is todays show from Neptune, NJ

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw_2k_QTwRw

Sad to report that the "Alley Cat" man Bent Fabric passed away today at the young age of 95. He wrote and recorded the song, which was originally titled "Around The Piano", but when released to the U.S. it was simply titled "Alley Cat." Bent Fabricious-Bjerre and his song won a Grammy award in 1963. Rest In Peace Sir and thanks for the memories.

That was when music was music and the radio stations hired personality talent not liner card readers. Thanks Willy for the link.

Glyn Geoffrey Ellis, aka Wayne Fontana of the "Mindbenders" who had the 1965 hit with "The Game Of Love" passed away 8/6/2020 at the age of 74.
Also, Bob Lewis "Baba Loo" the DJ from 77 WABC also passed way recently. Rest In Peace Gentlemen and thanks for the memories. Correction, Bob Lewis passed away in 1987. I sure read that wrong!

Last edited:
Tommy DeVito, one of the original Four Lovers who became the Four Seasons, passed away yesterday 9/21/20 in Las Vegas at the age of 92.
May he Rest In Peace and thank you for bringing us some of the greatest music of the '60's.

Tom DeVito, one of the very popular members of the Four Seasons which also included Bob Gaudio, Nick Massi, and the lead singer Frankie Vallie.

Here Tom DeVito, second from the left, along with the other members of the group sing their first big hit Sherry which came out in 1962, followed by several others, including "Walk like a Man", "Big Girls Don't Cry", "Dawn" and "Ragdoll".

I believe all of the members grew up in Newark, NJ.

Rest in Peace Tom DeVito and Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

Many of us still remember the words to these songs.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pWBnodrR1M

Another live show tomorrow night, Thursday, May 21st at 7 pm.

Tune in at:

Show will also be presented on you tube later.

Doo Wop Fans of Nycfire.net

It's "Back to the Kitchen for Joey and Doreen Arminio"

I am HAPPY to announce that another "LIVE SHOW from the KITCHEN" will be presented THIS Wednesday evening, September 30th, starting at 7 pm by Joey and Doreen Arminio, of Arminio Entertainment.

You can tune them in at:

I believe the show will be later presented on you tube if you miss it.

Doo Wop Fans of Nycfire.net

It's "Back to the Kitchen for Joey and Doreen Arminio"

I am HAPPY to announce that another "LIVE SHOW from the KITCHEN" will be presented THIS Wednesday evening, September 30th, starting at 7 pm by Joey and Doreen Arminio, of Arminio Entertainment.

You can tune them in at:

I believe the show will be later presented on you tube if you miss it.

Doo Wop fans, tonights "Back to the Kitchen" show put on by Joey and Doreen Arminio was of course another Great Show. If you missed it I'm sure it will be out soon on youtube for you to see.

BUT - There's MORE Great News.

Guess who has come back to WABC (770 AM) Radio ? A guy who started way back in 1961 and worked as a DJ there for 15 years.

He is now 84 years old. His name is Bruce Morrow and many of you know him as Cousin Brucie.

Yes friends, as I understand it, he started the first week of September and you can hear him live, every Saturday night from 6 - 9 pm.

How GREAT is that. Especially during this Covid 19 lockdown time.

Do you remember this ? It was his shows famous Theme Song.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XIVMeZu_24

Doo Wop fans, tonights "Back to the Kitchen" show put on by Joey and Doreen Arminio was of course another Great Show. If you missed it I'm sure it will be out soon on youtube for you to see.

BUT - There's MORE Great News.

Guess who has come back to WABC (770 AM) Radio ? A guy who started way back in 1961 and worked as a DJ there for 15 years.

He is now 84 years old. His name is Bruce Morrow and many of you know him as Cousin Brucie.

Yes friends, as I understand it, he started the first week of September and you can hear him live, every Saturday night from 6 - 9 pm.

How GREAT is that. Especially during this Covid 19 lockdown time.

Do you remember this ? It was his shows famous Theme Song.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XIVMeZu_24
Willy, I know I don't have to ask you who performed that intro jingle, do I?

Willy, I know I don't have to ask you who performed that intro jingle, do I?

I think the Rev, aka "CFDMarshall" gave me a big hint.

Their first hit song was Sherry recorded way back in 1962. Recently, one of their members just passed away.

See Replies # 512, 513, 514, and 515 above.

My poor neighbors back then. With windows wide open, I would play those 45s, turn the volume way up on my record player and sing along with "FV&4S" their biggest hits.

Worst, later when those 33 long playing record albums came along I sang one "FV&FS" hit after another.

I even wrote a letter to WABC and asked them how I could get that Cousin Brucie Theme Song. I never expected it, but a few weeks later they sent me that song on a 45 rpm at No Charge.

They sure were some GREAT DAYs.

Indeed you nailed it. If you ever get a chance to hear "Connie-O" by that group give it a listen. You would not believe it's the same guys.