THE WORCESTER (6) 20 YEARS GONE

Its been 20 Years Today since the City of Worcester lost 6 Brave Men serving their City and keeping it safe. I know its been 20 years but please keep these Families in Your Prayers over the Holidays and Always. Keep them close to Your Hearts.

LT. THOMAS SPENCER
LT. JAMES LYONS
FF. PAUL BROTHERTON
FF. TIMOTHY JACKSON
FF. JEREMIAH LUCEY
FF. JOSEPH McGUIRK 

tperez102 said:
Its been 20 Years Today since the City of Worcester lost 6 Brave Men serving their City and keeping it safe. I know its been 20 years but please keep these Families in Your Prayers over the Holidays and Always. Keep them close to Your Hearts.

LT. THOMAS SPENCER
LT. JAMES LYONS
FF. PAUL BROTHERTON
FF. TIMOTHY JACKSON
FF. JEREMIAH LUCEY
FF. JOSEPH McGUIRK

Thank you "tperez102".

Today marking the 20th Anniversary of that very tragic day in Worcester, Ma.

On this 20th Anniversary, Actor Denis Leary will speak at the Memorial Service. Mr Leary grew up in Worcester and lost his cousin, FF Jeremiah Lucey, and his best childhood buddy, Lt Thomas Spencer, the night of that fire. Mr Leary then became an advocate of firefighter safety.

I also believe that two of the sons became Worcester Firefighters.

I'd like to present this video that was produced a few years ago and talks about this tragic fire that took the lives of those Worcester Firefighters. It gives some idea of how the incident progressed.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPRw_ZpzUWs 

Here are some of my images from the 20th anniversary on the 3rd. https://paulshea.zenfolio.com/p198669371

5 of the 6 Brotherton boys are on the job in Worcester. Brian, David, Michael, Steven and Timothy.

Lt Spencer's son Daniel is also on the job as is Jerry Lucey's son who is named after his father.

I had the chance to meet Denis and speak with him. Growing up in Worcester he knows lots of guys on the job. It's great to see that he never forgot who he is and where he came from. He's a huge advocate to the fire service.

Also to note today marks the 8th anniversary of the passing of Worcester FF Jon Davies. Jon passed in a fire on Arlington Street in 2011. Following in their father's footsteps are his sons Jon Jr and Michael

Chris Roy's one year passing is tomorrow.

Always a rough time of year, not that there is a good time of year.

Thank you "paul612" for those photos and the story you provided for us regarding the 20th Anniversary of the tragic loss of those Six Worcester Firefighters known as The Worcester Six.

God Bless Those Who Serve; and Those Who Mourn.
Continued Rest In Peace.