Times Square Evacuation

Units on the scene at Broadway & W. 45th St. for a suspicious vehicle containing flamable materials ???                                http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7417804                                                                                                                                                                    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/Bomb-Threat-in-Times-Square-92603649.html

i just got home from being down there...was trying to take a pic of 4 truck and the cop goes "move it or ull get blown up"  thought she was joking...guess not

bfdyoungin0252 said:
i just got home from being down there...was trying to take a pic of 4 truck and the cop goes "move it or ull get blown up"  thought she was joking...guess not

Wow so that is how they evacuate the entire area so quickly. Really another eye popping situation that showcases what a crazy time we live in.

Nice job done preventing a major diseaster. We've been lucky, but these guys are still out to get us. The Emergency Services of New York are the very Best. No other city that I know of is better prepared than New York. But it's a constant battle. Thank you FDNY and NYPD for what you do.

Hopefully Bloomberg took notice lastnight that we need every cop,fire company and ems personal available. Any second delay last night it could have been a disaster.  We have been attacked before and as much as I don't want to say II they will continue coming after us. 

I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but we DON'T KNOW yet who did this, remember Oklahoma City?

Anyone have a run down? I know E-54/L-4 where first due with E-65/L-21 B-9 D-3 on the initial alarm and where later relieved around 1030 by E-23, E-21, L-35, L-26.  Also heard Car 9, Command Tactical, B-10, Haz-Mat 1 responding...

Someone was Possibly Arrested tonight in connection with the bomb.
Rumor was as of 2315 hrs an arrest was made in CT.
It is a American Born male who trained in Pakistan.
Rumor only but from a very reliable source.

B

Bigandy

Fox News holding new conference shortly. Suspect in custody. Stay tuned.

Andy

I watched the Mayor's news conference at E54/L4/Bn9 house and he mentioned that the members took a slow and careful approach. When they saw white smoke coming from the rear of the vehicle they used a thermal imaging camera detecting that the only heat source was from the engine. By doing this they did not destroy evidence.

guitarman314 said:
  I watched the Mayor's news conference at E54/L4/Bn9 house and he mentioned that the members took a slow and careful approach. When they saw white smoke coming from the rear of the vehicle they used a thermal imaging camera detecting that the only heat source was from the engine. By doing this they did not destroy evidence.

The Guys are Good, what else can be said. Just glad nobody got hurt.

Once again, the media (as well as mayor bloomberg) is piling credit upon law enforcement for preventing a tragedy. In both the 'Christmas Bomber' incident and the 'Times Square' incident, the only thing that prevented a catastrophe was a malfunctioning device (Thank God that it malfunctioned). It's good that the P.D. moved the crowds out of the immediate area, but if that device had functioned properly the damage would have been done before they had a chance to act. For law enforcement to justifiably get credit for averting a terrorist attack, they will have to prevent the terrorist from acting rather than hoping that the terrorist plants a device that will malfunction.

If one of these dirt bag terrorists is eventually successful, the city will need every fire company they have ... it's amazing that this mayor talks about disbanding companies. What a reckless concept.