TL 21 Prang

TL21 had an accident the other day, was wandering if it was their old seagrave they put a dent in or the new one?

JT

londonfireguy said:
Just mix it in with all the others!!  ;D

Wander how the guys feel about loosing the old rig?

Do they still have the big dent on the roof of the chauffeur's side and all the paint chips from 9/11? I saw it back in 2002 and it looked like it had really taken a beating.

every time that rig hits a midtown pothole dust comes out of it. that rig should have never been put back into everyday service after the attacks of september 11, 2001. even after they said it was fully decontaminated and restored to full working duty it was never the same. what a disgrace! the men at L21 deserve a new rig even though that rig does have alot of memories good and bad related to it.

When our rig was returned to us after being 'decontaminated', the dust blew out of the heater and the defroster whenever they were used. I was told they just took a hand line rinsed down the outside and flushed out the inside of the rig. It didn't appear that they disassembled ducts or vacuumed out the nooks and crannies. But then again, Christie Todd Whitman said the air at ground zero was good for us, so I assume the debris in our fire apparatus was good for us also.

I think L24 is another 9/11 survivor, but is not earmarked for replacement until next year or year after that depending on finances. I might be wrong.

tl21mt9704.jpg

The new one should be only a couple of months away. It has arrived at the dealer in NJ. I did see 21 on the road today and it looks amazing. I tried taking a U-turn and speeding after it, but it got back to the dealer before I could catch up to it.

At this point I think i've almost come full circle on 21. I almost feel like it'd be a shame to see it go. Thing's a warhorse.