Together... Rescue 4 and 5

I had to take this photo when I say these rigs together. FDNY brothers please enjoy!

Attachments

• r4 015 fdny.jpg
    r4 015 fdny.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 680
It was taken this afternoon. The rigs have been staying at MABAS Headquarters in Wheeling, Illinois, it's about 25 miles northwest of Chicago. The guys backed R 5 in the dock so they could borrow a mud flap for R 4 in preparation of a trip on Monday. I walked to the front of dock and looked backed. When I saw these two beautiful ladies side by side and thinking when was the last time that they were together. I just had to take a photo and share the moment with you folks back at FDNY.

Very nice to see those trucks back together again. I just wish R5 would be in better shape and not just the parts department for the former R4.

Do you have any more shots of the both of these?

R4 6 months ago looked like R5 does now. 4 has left for a tour of Florida and restoration on 5 will begin soon. We hope have 5 looking like 4 by mid spring.

jacquette said:
R4 6 months ago looked like R5 does now. 4 has left for a tour of Florida and restoration on 5 will begin soon. We hope have 5 looking like 4 by mid spring.
What is the itinerary for R4 in Florida? If it will be in my area I'd like to see it and take some photos. 

69 METS said:
jacquette said:
What is the itinerary for R4 in Florida? If it will be in my area I'd like to see it and take some photos. 
She should be in Orlando sometime on Wednesday and will be around throughout Florida until St. Patty's. Here's the event link at the RRP website. http://www.therrp.org/EVENTS.html  Also I'm very humored by your sign-on name. I was a kid back in Chicago watching the Cubs come unraveled in September of '69. 

baileyjeff said:
Where was R5 found or was it bought when they bought R4 rig? Where is R3 HME?
All were on auction. 3 and 4 went on auction over the summer. 5 was just last month. 3 was originally purchased by the Remembrance Rescue Project. 3 had more glass and doors than did 4. 4 was purchased by a guy who was going to scrape her. When 3 was received the engine blew. Chris the fonder of RRP new who purchased 4 and was able to swap rigs since 4's drive train was still good. The swap was made and Scraper  gave Chris most of the glass and the curb side door, that is why Rescue 3 is on that door in the pictures, that is R3's door. I'm not sure but I belief that 3 was then scraped. I know that Chris would loved to have both, but the cost and time of the restoration would not allow this. When R5 showed up on auction last month Chris jump on the opportunity and brought 4 and 5  together.  The restoration on 5 should begin soon.

Most of the folks that have done the work on the restoration are firefighters or have family members in the the fire service. This includes me and Chris. We hope that we are doing the right thing by preserving a piece of fire service history and truly hope that we are not offending those who served on this rigs. Please know that a lot of care and respect has been given to R 4 during her restoration.                                                                                                   

jacquette said:
Most of the folks that have done the work on the restoration are firefighters or have family members in the the fire service. This includes me and Chris. We hope that we are doing the right thing by preserving a piece of fire service history and truly hope that we are not offending those who served on this rigs. Please know that a lot of care and respect has been given to R 4 during her restoration.                                                                                                 

[I was assigned to R3 but frequently worked at R4 on details, OT, mutuals ...]. I think it's terrific that you are preserving a piece of F.D.N.Y. history. These rigs [and the men who responded on them] served N.Y.C. during the worst terrorist attack ever to occur on American soil. The attacks resulted in the largest firefighter loss of life ever to occur in the history of the American fire service. I think that it's a most fitting way to honor our departed Brothers. Thank you for your efforts.