truck fire on the BQE 10/6

B

bklynfdny

anybody have the rundown of the truck fire today on the bqe? i work for the company whos truck burned.

what number was the truck

O i thought you ment it was a FDNY truck that burned not big rig

On the News I saw TL119's tower raised up from street level working a master stream onto the elevated highway. Also, it looked like E205 was the closest to the wreck.

L-146 L-131 L-118 L-119 E-205 E-230 E-226 DIV 11 BN-32  I might be missing a few as well.

bklynfdny said:
teddyfire.jpg

it was only about maybe 3 months old, trailer too

Do they know how it started and are there any more pictures of the actual fire and how 119 was set up?

B

bklynfdny

FDNY220122 said:
bklynfdny said:
teddyfire.jpg

it was only about maybe 3 months old, trailer too

Do they know how it started and are there any more pictures of the actual fire and how 119 was set up?

a lexus hit him and somehow made him move over onto the guardrail...the impact of the guardrail ripped all 3 axles off on the tractor and bent both frame rails...

the guardrail acted like a can opener rippin open the driverside fuel tank...he said by the time he got it stopped it was on fire pretty good...

119 was setup on the westbound side with their bucket in the air...ive seen pics i just have to dig them up again

You said: "119 was setup on the westbound side with their bucket in the air." that explains why at the accident site, the westbound side is at a lower level as it is approaching the Brooklyn Heights Promenade where it then goes directly under [double deck] the the eastbound lanes all the way to the Atlantic Ave. exit.

B

bklynfdny

guitarman314 said:
   You said: "119 was setup on the westbound side with their bucket in the air." that explains why at the accident site, the westbound side is at a lower level as it is approaching the Brooklyn Heights Promenade where it then goes directly under [double deck] the the eastbound lanes all the way to the Atlantic Ave. exit.

correct  ::)