TRUCK ON LIE HITS CIP OVERPASS.

Boss... l got one for you that the house your responded to at approx 2am. It was the east side of Queens Blvd main road at approx Woodhaven Blvd. While working at St Johns l was standing on the porch ifo the hospital and saw this 53' tractor trailer pass by at a bid rate of speed. I turned around and walked in the ER door and then hear a huge bang nose for a few seconds and it stopped. To make a long story short the trailer hit the bridges. I walk back out of the hospital and walked towards the underpass. There was no no way that truck was going anywhere. Then the troops arrived with the 14..46..287..136..324..289..138..R4..Sq 288 and numerous police special units. I had to get back into st John's to work. I would have to guess they let the air out of the tires to get things started. A few heavy duty tows arrived. After a few hours and allot more noise they managed to get the truck out.

The roof was completely torn off. They exchanged the cargo into a few empty trucks and by daybreak all was back to normal after the bridge was inspected