Twas the Night Before Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the town, the fire siren echoed, blaring its sound. The firefighters came running from far and from near, and raced to the trucks, quickly donning their gear. And I in my bunkers, my boots, and my hat, jumped into the engine to see where the fire's at. Down at the corner of Fifth and of Oak, the dispatcher informed us ?a house filled with smoke.? Smoke poured from the sides, from up, and from down, Yet up on the roof there was none to be found. So up to the rooftop we raised us a ladder, and climbed to the top to see what was the matter. I came to the chimney and what did I see, but a fellow in red stuck up past his knees. Well we tugged and we pulled until he came out, then he winked with his eye and said with a shout. "These newfangled chimneys, they make them too small, for a fellow like me, not skinny at all." With a twitch of his nose he dashed to his sleigh, and called to his reindeer, "Up, up, and AWAY." As we rolled up our hoses he flew out of sight, saying "God bless our firefighters and to all a good night.

Guys you gotta love your wife/significant other. My wife JoAnn found this site, she understands the brotherhood of the fire fighting service, our son is on the job. Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for another. I want every emergency personnal to answer every response and come home safely. Merry Christmas to all, hope Santa was good to all your children. Sometimes I just ramble on.

grumpy grizzly said:
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the town, the fire siren echoed, blaring its sound. The firefighters came running from far and from near, and raced to the trucks, quickly donning their gear. And I in my bunkers, my boots, and my hat, jumped into the engine to see where the fire's at. Down at the corner of Fifth and of Oak, the dispatcher informed us ?a house filled with smoke.? Smoke poured from the sides, from up, and from down, Yet up on the roof there was none to be found. So up to the rooftop we raised us a ladder, and climbed to the top to see what was the matter. I came to the chimney and what did I see, but a fellow in red stuck up past his knees. Well we tugged and we pulled until he came out, then he winked with his eye and said with a shout. "These newfangled chimneys, they make them too small, for a fellow like me, not skinny at all." With a twitch of his nose he dashed to his sleigh, and called to his reindeer, "Up, up, and AWAY." As we rolled up our hoses he flew out of sight, saying "God bless our firefighters and to all a good night.

I like that Grump.