Video of new NYPD Ford E Mach electric vehicle RMP

Bulldog

Bulldog
Wait until they purchase the first FDNY electric engine like Los Angeles did. 🤦‍♂️
They Wouldn't wouldn't hold up with the duty that most FDNY units have! Heck from what I've seen the one in LA have been out of service more than it's been in service.

On the subject of the PD vehicles, I didn't realize that Ford made a 4 door Mustang? That's certainly taking the Mustang down to a very different level.

I agree with you 100% on the EV fire trucks not being able to keep up with the extreme duty in FDNY. But sadly you know it’s only a matter of time before someone in this current City administration pushes it.

but a better solution would be hybrid electrics as a generator on board can charge the battery while operating

I suggest giving it to E 70 in City Island. With their run count it'll sure be charged and with their response district they can probably keep it plugged in with extension cords when out on a call. LOL
or give it to one of the units in the 47 as some running not as much as other parts of the city and some work

They Wouldn't wouldn't hold up with the duty that most FDNY units have! Heck from what I've seen the one in LA have been out of service more than it's been in service.

On the subject of the PD vehicles, I didn't realize that Ford made a 4 door Mustang? That's certainly taking the Mustang down to a very different level.
Wasn't the original problem with the LA apparatus a mechanical failure of the water tank?

I suggest giving it to E 70 in City Island. With their run count it'll sure be charged and with their response district they can probably keep it plugged in with extension cords when out on a call. LOL
🤣

floods aren't that common anyways if they suspect it mqy flood one day they can bring it out of the area
Street flooding is common in many NYC areas .....Rockaway that was mentioned is certainly one of them & what good is a Rig that has to be removed if flooding occurs ?

i would say give it to 264 328 or 265 and keep the old rig with them and if seems like might be flood conditions they go take the main rig