WATKINS ST.

FDNY L120 Centennial Speeches                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  About 3/4s of the way through the speeches at the 2005 Centenial.......the camera pans the seated audience showing some shots of true '60s & '70s Legends......some have passed to higher level since the filming took place.....RIP.

http://www.watkinsst.com/                                                                                                                                                                                                THE best FDNY Company Website.                     

Chief J.K., I sure do appreciate you posting those Great videos and the Web Site for us. As ALL of us buffs know, 231, 120, and the 44, always were at the top. I'm sure that most of the New York City Firefighters also knew.

And as one of the video shows near the ending, the firefighters of Watkins St who saw the fires of the 60s and 70s. I sure do admire them for the work they did then. I really appreciate it Chief. A couple of Great NYC Firefighting outfits (E231, L120 and B44).

mack

Administrator
From all the FDNY Runs and Workers totals I have seen, back through 1943, Engine 231 is the only company, engine or truck, to make the top 20 or top 25 published annual FDNY list - every year.  It is a testiment to the company and its members that they consistently, decade after decade, do the work that they do.  1940s - 1950s - 1960s - 1970s - 1980s - 1990s - 2000s