West, Texas LODD 3/28/23

Bad news out of the City of West, Texas.(north of Waco) where a Firefighter has been struck and killed in the Line of Duty. West FD is the same department where the explosion occurred in 2013 killing 15, 10 were Firefighters including West FD members and area EMS personnel.
Today, the West Firefighters responded to I-35 northbound for a vehicle fire. While operating, there was a crash that claimed the life of that West Firefighter and injured two DPS troopers.
WHAT HAPPENED:
At approximately 1300 hours today, March 28, DPS Troopers were providing traffic control along with the West Fire Department after a vehicle caught fire on I-35N near mile marker 354 in West. The inside lane was shut down with traffic control devices, a fire truck, and two DPS patrol units. That’s when a Peterbilt tractor trailer traveling on the inside lane disregarded the traffic control devices and struck the fire truck and two patrol units. The West Firefighter was struck by a vehicle during the crash and died in the hospital.

Bad news out of the City of West, Texas.(north of Waco) where a Firefighter has been struck and killed in the Line of Duty. West FD is the same department where the explosion occurred in 2013 killing 15, 10 were Firefighters including West FD members and area EMS personnel.
Today, the West Firefighters responded to I-35 northbound for a vehicle fire. While operating, there was a crash that claimed the life of that West Firefighter and injured two DPS troopers.
WHAT HAPPENED:
At approximately 1300 hours today, March 28, DPS Troopers were providing traffic control along with the West Fire Department after a vehicle caught fire on I-35N near mile marker 354 in West. The inside lane was shut down with traffic control devices, a fire truck, and two DPS patrol units. That’s when a Peterbilt tractor trailer traveling on the inside lane disregarded the traffic control devices and struck the fire truck and two patrol units. The West Firefighter was struck by a vehicle during the crash and died in the hospital.

God that’s terrible