What kind of gloves are these?

Does anybody know what gloves the guy in the picture is wearing? I see them around a lot but I haven't seen them in any store. Also, anybody use them? would you recommend them?

E020610_258

Thanks

The gloves that the fire fighter from engine 40 is wearing are pro-tech8 gloves.These gloves are made by tech-trade which is located in manhattan. I have 4 pair that i use at my career fire department,1 pair i use with my gear 2 pairs in a small duffle bag and 1 pair in my mask bag in case my main pair gets wet. I have had my pro-tech 8s for about 2 years now and i love them and will get more when the ones i have wear out.

116ff60, I have a pair for a while now too, FYI- we demo'd them (amongst others) and tested them, and recently found a Better pair !!!

They're not bad. Do have decent dexterity, but not the most thermal insulated gloves (don't use them if your moving metal grates at the burn building).

R1SmokeEater said:
116ff60, I have a pair for a while now too, FYI- we demo'd them (amongst others) and tested them, and recently found a Better pair !!!

What pair did you find to be better? I've worn the pro techs for awhile and have tried some others, the Glove Corp kevlar blaze fighter were the only one that I felt compared.

Pros to these gloves are they are lighter & less bulky, which is a major plus. the "blue" gloves, and others before are bulky and not the easiest to "feel" things thru. Like said, I have worn the Pro-Techs for a few years (and like them) but have a pair of Dragon Fire gloves now too. They are similar in weight, but when we tested the heat resistance, they were much better !

the blue gloves suck until you get them very broken in, i heard they are out though, starting in a couple weeks fdny will be issuing the blaze fighter which are phenomenal

Another good pair of fire fighting gloves are the chiba gloves. Ibought a pair of them about two years ago the first time i got to use them was a structure fire when it was about 10 degrees outside yes my gloves were wet but my hands never got cold. NiCE GLOVES IF YOU CAN AFFORD THEM ABOUT $100.

I have worn the pro tech 8 gloves to several workers lately. After 19 yrs on the job, they are prob the best I have ever donned.Almost no breaki in time is needed. The kangaroo outer material is superior to the regular leather.

I had them for a few years.  Each pair fell apart after a year.  They have ZERO thermal protection and you will burn your hands in a good job.  They also tend to melt and last I checked they failed a few thermal tests.  Not to mentioned they are made in Pakistan.  I do keep a pair in my pocket and use them for overhauling, elevators, water leaks etc.

At first I thought they where great until going through 3 pairs in 3 years.  I upgraded to the NFPA version of the German made Eska.  Had those for 2 years now and they are holding up very well.