World Trade Center 1st attack.

today is the anniversary of da 1st attack on da World Trade Center, which happened on Friday 2-26-93. if memory serves me right, 6 died and thousands injured.
Chud Da Bronx.

I was the Brooklyn troublehunter COMM Truck 510 on the night tour got home at 8AM showered and went to bed. I was sound asleep when my wife woke me up and she looked like who knows what. She walked down 73 flights of stairs and she told me it was smokey and by her appearance I believed her (SOOT) on her clothes and face and arms.She returned to work at Morgan Stanley  after a few days off and a doctors note.  The Bride was Lucky on 9-11 she was in California visiting her Brother.  Thank God.

I remember that day too. Some snow flurries coming down. I watched it live on the TV news. It was first thought that a transformer had blown. And yes six civilians died and a thousand were injuried. I remember going over one of the bridges not sure Brooklyn or Manhattan a day or two later and it was like nothing had happened.

Ironically, I took one of the classes given at theRock for the "Burn Center". It was given by then Captain Ray Downey (R.I.P.) about the 1993 WTC bombing. Ray Downey was one of the 343 members we lost on 9/11.