WTC Tribute lights

Does anyone else remember these weird moving objects inside the lights, I have seen personally and they were not birds, I thought dust at first... just wanted to see who else saw it and what they think... thank you

Last edited:

mack

Administrator

Does anyone else remember these weird moving objects inside the lights, I have seen personally and they were not birds, I thought dust at first... just wanted to see who else saw it and what they think... thank you

Tribute in Light

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Effects on birds​

The light pollution from Tribute in Light has caused confusion for over a million migrating birds, trapping them in the beams. Even at an altitude of several miles, birds can be affected by the lights. As a result of this effect, the beams are switched off for 20-minute periods to allow the birds to escape. To ensure the lights do not affect migrating birds, the Municipal Art Society works with the New York City Audubon on the illumination. A 2017 study found that the installation "dramatically altered multiple behaviors of nocturnally migrating birds—but these effects disappeared when lights were extinguished".