058/026

With regard to the 'Fire Factory', i see from the last years runs and workers, that E058 is top of the list for runs in the FDNY for Engines, and L026, according to firehouse.com and emtbravo.net  is, or was, the busiest Truck/ladder company in the nation(?) for runs.

What kind of runs does the house attend, and what in particular makes this house so busy for runs, but not for working fires.
They seem to be relatively busy within the FDNY for fires, but in the nationwide scale, rank quiet low.

My thoughts are, E058 get a bag load of EMS runs, and L026 get the same in Elevators..

I might be wrong...

Anyone have any knowledge?

Jarrod

58 and 26 are surrounded by project-type housing so they get tons of EMS/utility runs and a decent number of workers.  They also have a decently large 2nd/3rd due area surrounded by some of the lowest income areas in Manhattan.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
They have been getting a ton of CO runs, as far as EMS goes they did 1,640 in 2007 which is on the high side.

Thanks chaps, i dont listen to Manhattan live often, but when i do, i dont often hear E058 or L026 on the air, which would suggest they get a lot of 'single company runs'.

Im sure its still a good house though.

Jarrod

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Most runs are done on the MDT's.  They will give out the box over the air if more then one unit is assigned, however you won't hear which units.  You would have to know the boxes to have an idea of who is going.

tbendick said:
Most runs are done on the MDT's.  They will give out the box over the air if more then one unit is assigned, however you won't hear which units.  You would have to know the boxes to have an idea of who is going.
[/q

That would explain a lot of the houses runs not been announced over the air.

Unless they call for a verification or update or are stood down or require extra resources, the run would never be announced..it takes a trained a trained ear i guess!!!

jarrod