100 ft tiller trucks

Seagrave with the only bid. One unit cost 1.4 mil., the total bid was about 20 mil. So that's 14 new tillers proximate. How old are the ones now?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/ocp/1500533.pdf

Out in Clintonville last week, new L147 was being road tested. New L175 was almost ready to come off the line. No sign of any new TL's.

"Seagrave with the only bid". I remember years ago there was only one bidder for pumpers. They had to start the whole bidding process over again. Maybe they don't have that requirement any more.

Bulldog

Bulldog
soda-acid said:
"Seagrave with the only bid". I remember years ago there was only one bidder for pumpers. They had to start the whole bidding process over again. Maybe they don't have that requirement any more.
I'm guessing maybe they have a dollar limit or which you have to have multiple bids, or possibly for something as a very specialty item like this they can bypass the multiple bidder requirements as a special circumstance.  The total number of units in this bid were certainly much much less than they would be for new engines.

BCR

There is a good chance the contract was for up to "X" amount of trucks for a potential contract value of up to / no more than 20 million

Bulldog

Bulldog
Signal73 said:
Any idea what the truck on the Mack chassis just to the right of T147 is? Since his got amounting for a placard on the front bumper I'm guessing maybe it's a new fuel truck?