11/5/22 Manhattan 10-77 3rd Alarm Box 877

Phenomenal job,
Please when someone can fill in the blank...how was the woman secured?
Appeared to be totally dangling.
May they all heal and find peace.

Not only was this on You Tube it was also on NBC's national news. After all the healthcare, prescription drugs and job search ads they show the rescue. And they also show the reason for the fire, the charred remains of a bicycle powered by a lithium ion battery.

Outstanding job as usual. Looks like the person's arm was tied to something. Can anyone clarify?

Yes picture shows the impaled arm! Being impaled saved her from falling till she could get picked up

Yes picture shows the impaled arm! Being impaled saved her from falling till she could get picked up
"Impaled?" or was her arm hooked into the window gate? It's a good thing that gate was properly installed into the window frame or wall studs, or else she may have been in a body bag at ground level.

I think I may have started the conversation about the woman and how she was able to hang unsupported for the duration of the rescue, I'm sure after additional videos became available my question appeared to be answered.
Please keep the occupants of the apartment in your thoughts as they heal, no one ever wants to be a victim at any window, never mind the 20th floor.
Go bless the Brothers and Sisters of the FDNY.

"Impaled?" or was her arm hooked into the window gate? It's a good thing that gate was properly installed into the window frame or wall studs, or else she may have been in a body bag at ground level.
Senior yes she was impaled through her forearm. Pic is in article on NYPOST site.
I don’t know how to post pic here