3/26/2015 Manhattan 7th Alarm 10-60 Box 0436

Great job on the rundown, unfortunately I could never do that for a Chicago job, info is not readily available. So see how good you guys got it :) :) :)

Great job on the rundown!  The NYC expatriates out here truly appreciate them!  2 quick questions.  I saw E207 ST06 on the 4-4.  Were they special-called or are they now assigning a Satellite on 4ths?  Also, I saw the picture of the MDT screen in 230 Engine's rig (Nice shot!) It says that they're additional unit on the 5-5.  Further down on the page/screen it says that "This is a 7th Alarm."  Is this due to the pre-CADS days when there were only 5-5 assignments and then boro calls?  Thanks!

C'VILLE 7111 said:
Great job on the rundown!  The NYC expatriates out here truly appreciate them!  2 quick questions.  I saw E207 ST06 on the 4-4.  Were they special-called or are they now assigning a Satellite on 4ths?  Also, I saw the picture of the MDT screen in 230 Engine's rig (Nice shot!) It says that they're additional unit on the 5-5.  Further down on the page/screen it says that "This is a 7th Alarm."  Is this due to the pre-CADS days when there were only 5-5 assignments and then boro calls?  Thanks!

Yes the computers only go up to a 5th alarm so every alarm above that is technically a special call.

Relief Companies @ 12:00.
E-271,287
L-41,172,14
L-1 w/ 2nd Piece
L-42 Soc Support s/c
L-132 Soc Support s/c
L-79 Soc Support s/c
B-40,11,35(Safety)
R-1
Sq-252
RB
Skid Steer s/c

Report to staging 3rd Ave & East 6th St.

@13:30 MCC1 s/c 3 Soc Support Trucks
@13:33 MCC1 notify Soc Island 1 we need the skid steer

Relief Companies @18:00
E-88,238
L-126,161,4,30(Fast)
L-25 Soc Support
B-13,49(Safety)

Report to staging 3rd Ave & East 6 St

acepilot2k7 said:
https://youtu.be/3HkvxPhUWQ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmOniKt6HE4
Video from my friend John aka THEMAJESTIRIUM1 on Youtube.

Thanks to all those who have provided rundowns, newspaper articles, photos and details about this massive incident. It's a miracle lives were not lost as has also been mentioned. Credit also goes to those FDNY dispatchers who were assigned the duty of answering probably the hundreds of calls related to this incident, plus the routine duties of assigning other companies to the other incidents going on throughout this huge city.

The guys on the front lines of course battling this incident as well as the members of the NYPD, FDNY/EMS and Con Ed workers who operated at the scene also demonstrated to all of us the kind of jobs they do.

You really are the Best there is. Four large buildings with fire, an explosion and the possibility of a major collapse with maydays transmitted.

Of course for myself, as well as about 18,000 others, we listened online to the radio traffic of this incident outside the limits of radio range for the FDNY. Thanks to our high tech society of today and those that provide us with the service, we are able to do that. In fact one site member from Virginia contacted me to ask if I was listening. (Thanks Steve).

One more individual who I appreciate what he does for those like myself who can't be there when things like this happen. He goes by the user name here of "acepilot2k7". He often video tapes fires and various FDNY incidents for us. I'm sure it is not easy to walk through crowds of people while still trying to focus on the incident. So "acepilot", "Thank you". Many of us greatly appreciate the work you do.

A very tough, dangerous battle has once again been won by those who are assigned to protect all the citizens, commuters, and visitors to the largest city in the country, known throughout the world as - New York City. "THANK YOU for the job YOU do".

enginecap said:
336 said:
FDNYSTATENISLAND said:

Great pics, thanks,

D side exposure (exposure 3?) 3rd floor window, is that what I think it is?  :eek:
yes, that's a person and it's exposure 4 or 4a (depending on what the fire bldg is)

Thanks for the reply Cap, 
My teacher for FO1 a few years ago was a Battalion 15 Chief, he briefed us on FDNY exposure terms but I unfortunately didn't retain enough of it

@21:00 Companies for Relief
E-94,254
L-170 w/ 2nd Piece (Soc Support)
L-163 w/ 2nd Piece (Soc Support)
L-1 w/ 2nd Piece (Soc Support)
B-20,28

Report into the staging area
3rd Ave & East 6th St

Relief Companies @09:00
E-307,235?
L-149,?,19(Fast)
L-1 Soc Support
B-51,48,12(Safety)
Sq-288

RPM3311 said:
What was/ who is the guy in the "NY State Fire" gear?

'NY State Fire ' is a bit of a ' Primo Assignment' - a NY State Agency that Coordinates any response needed from State Agencies
to a Disaster/Emergency involving Fire/Explosion/ Collapse.

They also Investigate & Report on Response/ Management of Fires/ Disaster etc ...

http://www.dhses.ny.gov/ofpc/

Nice Work if ya' can Get It !    ;)