3/6/2012 10-76 Manhattan Box 0778

If available...E26, E65, E54, L4 L24. FAST L21. I heard Squad 288 assigned, Rescue 1, extra engine and truck was E8 and TL 35.

JT
 
Could be:

1-1-778 Assignment:

Engine 26, Engine 65, Engine 54
Ladder 4, Ladder 24
Battalion 9

10-77-778 Assignment:

Engine 34, Engine 1(High-Rise Nozzle), Engine 21(C.F.R.D.), Engine 14(Lobby Control Unit), Engine 3(High-Rise Unit), Engine 8(S/C)
Ladder 21, Ladder 2, Ladder 7(F.A.S.T.), Ladder 35(S/C)
Battalion 8, Battalion 7, Battalion 10(Safety)
Division 3
Rescue Battalion
Safety Battalion
Squad 288
Rescue 1
High-Rise 1
T.S.U. 1
R.A.C. 1
M.S.U. 1
Field Comm. 1
 
Although ths is a second due box for E65, they
Are closer than the first due engine, E26, and
Have a better run to the box than E26 does,
but it is a first due box for E26. No idea why???

JT
 
I have a hand written 1960's assignment card for this box. Also have card with a different 1st alarm assignment one block south Box 767 @40th & B'way: 
 

Attachments

  • box 778 Man.jpg
    box 778 Man.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 825
  • box 767 Man.jpg
    box 767 Man.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 652
Rodent251 said:
Although ths is a second due box for E65, they
Are closer than the first due engine, E26, and
Have a better run to the box than E26 does,
but it is a first due box for E26. No idea why???

JT
You're guess is as good as mine.
guitarman314 said:
I have a hand written 1960's assignment card for this box: 
Back when Engine 2 was on the 2-2(2nd Alarm). By the way, where was Rescue 1 at the time? Lower Manhattan?
 
guitarman314 said:
Back when the card was printed in 1960, Rescue 1 was with E65
Wow, I never knew the Rescue was ever at 65's. That must have been a tight fit.
 
fdny1075k said:
guitarman314 said:
Back when the card was printed in 1960, Rescue 1 was with E65
Wow, I never knew the Rescue was ever at 65's. That must have been a tight fit.
Rescue 1 was with E65 from May 1, 1960 to Feb. 1, 1973 ;) During 1967 I got an opportunity to buff E65 while working for a camera store chain that had 4 stores near E65. They were at 1122 and 1145 Ave. of Americas, 44 W. 45th St., and 43 W. 43rd St. :)
 
keepitsimple said:
There is a very good chance E65 and R1 will be sharing a house again soon...
???

But mainly, I highly doubt, especially with modern rigs as big as they are, that both Engine 65 and Rescue 1 could fit in the same single-bay, small firehouse. I would expect the Rescue to be in a larger house.
 
There is no way R1 will fit into E65s querters with their current rig, im not even sure rescue 1 s rig would actually fit through the door due to its height.

JT
 
I would assume to maybe Engine 8/Ladder 2/Battalion 8 quarters, since it's the largest in the Battalion.
 
E21 has more room, as I remember, L2 was there during the 60's and the High Ladder was also stationed there for a while. ;)
 
Back
Top