2. Street
3. Yard
4. 5 Story Brick MD

E-9 73 Stanley Street Side
C-34 73 in a "H" Type brick OMD
C-34 to Sq 2 get above that fire its over lapping
C-34 E-6 take your line to the 3rd floor 15s to the 4th
C-34 we have 2 L/S/O on the 2nd floor
C-34 to T-4 LT make sure you bring people out from the inside stair case not the fire escape we have are line going up it
C-34 start me some 26s to check on residences
C-34 Main body K/D
E-15 to 34 charge are line off the gated "Y"

Relocation:
Engine 4 Act. Engine 9A (Till E9 clears)

From a LT:

This address is a block and a half from the quarters of Engine 9 and Squad 2. Right out the doors, first left.. Engine 9 should have reversed out to Norton and Stanley.. Extensive preplanning of this building.. Access to all floors via the rear fire escapes. A lot less doors to force. We caught a few wicked jobs in this building in my time on Ellsworth Ave. Yes, it is an H. The interior hallways don't make a dramatic H shape, the corners of the building are actually just a single unit on each corner in the rear, and 2 units in the front if I remember correctly(I've been on the other side of the city for a few years now). No long hall.. To enter the 1 side, members would have to force the front doors, and then stretch up and around the center elevator. Each floor has doors into/from the stairs on either side of the elevator. No standpipes. Access from the rear, you can hoist hose to the fire escape landing and force one door to the common hallway. A lot less hose and door chocking..

Great rundown, Hurricanes and to the Lt. from New Haven Squad 1. This job was literally a hop, skip, and a jump from the West Battalion HQ. A job well done to the NHFD!

Companies returned to the same address later in the morning after 07:00hrs. Companies got o/s and transmitted a Signal 72(Minor Fire) for a pile of clothes burning.

On a side note, I didn't know that New Haven did company relocations, or at least in a similar manner to the FDNY. I just thought, for example, Engine 4 would relocate to 9's quarters but would still respond as "Engine 4". I didn't think one company would act as another. I know back in the "Tac. Unit" era, when a big job came in, one of the two Tac. Units not assigned on the box would go to HQ Downtown and act as Engine 4A.

BCR

I'm pretty sure back in the day when the tacs did that , they would park the tac and man engine 4a which was a fully equipped reserve engine, however most of the time now if someone relocates for a job they go by the house engines number with the a. I believe that on a third alarm the battalion chief who's 2nd due does call backs if the incident will be prolonged and they will staff truck 1a the reserve tower ladder and staff the spare engine at hq which is 4a. However depending on the location of the job the engine might be moved to a different house and there for would have a different call sign (10a 6a 5a etc) another note its not uncommon in new haven for the shop or call back personnel or even the second due squad to pick up truck 1a and bring it to the scene if there is the need for additional elevated master streams. Such as the brass monkey fire they had a few years back,