9-11-01 .

343 FDNY ....37 PAPD....23 NYPD...3 COURT OFFICERS ....1 NY FIREPATROLMAN....1 FBI SPECIAL AGENT and 1 US SECRET SERVICE UNIFORMED OFFICER & OVER 2 THOUSAND CIVILIANS....ALL KILLED THAT DAY AT THE WTC SITE ALONE ASIDE FROM SHANKSVILLE & THE PENTAGON......SADLY THE TOLL FOR ALL CATEGORIES STILL RISES AS THE CLOCK TICKS ON W/NO END IN SIGHT.

Continued Rest in Peace to all. 14 years later...never forget, never forgive.

118 Truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt29IKoNItA

Dispatch audio.

Continued RIP to all lost that day and prayers to those that continue to fight the fight - almost a decade and a half later.

The picture of 118 truck hauling over the bridge gives me chills everytime I see it - the last ride. This picture also speaks 1,000 words: Squad 1 stuck in traffic in the Battery Tunnel while members start to exit the rig -- and run to the site. FDNY.

Most Americans watched this horror on national television. Most of us could not believe what we were watching as it was happening right in front of us. The World Trade Center's two separate, 110 story towers attacked. The U.S. Pentagon shortly after. Another plane believed to be headed for the White House crashes in a field in Shanksville, Pa. And "NOBODY Knew What Was Coming Next".

Most of us could not relate to the loss of so many friends and family members. To this day, 14 years later, many stories are still being told. For those who were a part of it, "I have no idea of the pain that you suffered". And still suffer every day. Americans stood strong in your support.

Shortly after, there were two songs that tried to tell the story and bring us all together. I think today, September 11, 2015, exactly 14 years after this horrible day, is a good time to play them. As we all remember "America's Worst Day, September 11, 2001".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2NXDJ4FabE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcbPs8zgpEU

C'VILLE 7111 said:
1 FBI Special Agent and 1 US Secret Service Uniformed Officer as well.
Thank You ..I was not sure of those numbers...post updated.

A few days later on September 14, 2001, as the entire world was trying to understand this horrendous attack on American, President Bush visited the World Trade Center site. The members of the FDNY, construction workers and members of the national Urban Search and Rescue Teams from across the country, were in the process of trying to recover victims trapped under this massive pile of rubble.

In this video, President Bush stands next to FDNY member Bob Beckwith of Ladder Co 164, as he gives his speech to the workers on the scene. As well as to the entire world, as it is broadcast on live television. (This and many more videos found in Reply #1).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeVEUNI-Cuo

' In this video, President Bush stands next to FDNY member Bob Beckwith of Ladder Co 164, ...'

Another Unkept Promise; as the Bush Admin. Pretty Much Gave Up on the pursuit of Osama bin Laden, in order to 'Pursue' its
Agenda in Iraq  ::)

FDNYSTATENISLAND said:
Continued RIP to all lost that day and prayers to those that continue to fight the fight - almost a decade and a half later.

The picture of 118 truck hauling over the bridge gives me chills everytime I see it - the last ride. This picture also speaks 1,000 words: Squad 1 stuck in traffic in the Battery Tunnel while members start to exit the rig -- and run to the site. FDNY.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/10/september.11.photo/

God Bless Those Who Serve, and Those Who Mourn

Rest in Peace to those we lost that day, especially the 343. Continued prayers and thoughts for those who lost a loved one (or loved ones) and continued prayers and thoughts for those who are suffering and dying from 9/11 related illnesses.
NEVER FORGET

I'm sure many have already seen this video. It's a clip from the TV show The Bravest, which aired between 1999 and 2001. During the summer of 2001, the TV show filmed in NYC at R1 and R2. This video features a memorial tribute with members of R1 and R2 who were killed on 9/11. Video also features a cameo by 68jk09 at the 04:22 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIhXF92Jzt8

Below is a video of a shortened version of the documentary Still Riding: Rescue Company New York City, featuring footage and interviews of members of R1 & R2, as well as a lot of unaired footage. I believe Still Riding was aired on TLC shortly after 9/11. The unaired footage lasts until the 12:50 mark, and includes a brief interview with FF John Napolitano of R2 (R.I.P.). After that, the documentary begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CztiFAxNcA0

Emmett, "fdny1075k", Thank you very much for posting those videos. They remind those of us "outside of the FDNY", of what a terrible loss the members of the FDNY went through.

One of the things that I really hadn't thought about until one FDNY Lt mentioned to me, is after this terrible loss many members would go an entire week without going home to see their own family. They would be working around the clock. Many also spent many hours of their own time searching the rubble in an attempt to find their lost brothers. And then just about every day, there were LODD funerals for those who they lost. Sometimes four or five a day.

Not only did the members have a huge price to pay, but so did their families. Separated for days or maybe weeks at a time. Those of us "outside the FDNY" really have no idea how things really were beyond the loss of those 343 FDNY Firefighters. Nothing in the history of the fire service comes close to what these members had to face.

In addition to this, as we know, cancer from the dust created by those collapsing towers has continued to take it's toll on both firefighters and others as well.  For some the natural routine of normal breathing is a difficult job. Once guys that could jog 5 miles, now have trouble walking up a flight of stairs.

Unfortunately some people have forgotten. They get caught up in their own petty problems and they think they are having a bad day. Most of us "outside the FDNY" - "really don't know what a Bad Day is".

A Prayer for America in New York City.

In a few weeks after the attack on America, there was a prayer service held at Yankee Stadium. As the work continued at the WTC site, the rest of the world took time out to pray and come together at Yankee Stadium. Family members of the missing were all invited to this service.

We saw the sorry on those faces, but we also saw a city coming together as one, to help one another in any way they could.

Here is a very small part of that service as the nation watched.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NXYNvqp_pM

TELEPRINTER  RECALL TICKET.... https://www.facebook.com/nycfirewire/photos/a.492487057495512.1073741828.492465197497698/896074150470132/?type=1&theater