9-15-23...FATAL HAZ MAT INCIDENT AT A DAY CARE.

Opioid exposure...Narcan adminstered to all...one child still Critical .....a 'kilo drug press" confiscated from the scene.
Opioid exposure...Narcan adminstered to all...one child still Critical .....a 'kilo drug press" confiscated from the scene.
It is time we do something about these drug addicts! Just given them Narcan is NOT fixing the problem and now incent kids are getting hurt from it!

Bulldog

Bulldog
It is time we do something about these drug addicts! Just given them Narcan is NOT fixing the problem and now incent kids are getting hurt from it!
Actually, I think that NARCAN is the worst thing possible for people addicted to drugs. I get the feeling that if they OD they can easily be revived if they have it available. With that kind of backup they worry a lot less about overdosing.

Actually, I think that NARCAN is the worst thing possible for people addicted to drugs. I get the feeling that if they OD they can easily be revived if they have it available. With that kind of backup they worry a lot less about overdosing.
Boston has a unit that does nothing but med runs, usually OD calls, to take the pressure off companies. People knowingly take these drugs knowing that a jolt of NARCAN, and a free one at that, is usually available. You took the steps to become addicted, diabetics did not yet they must pay for insulin. And do not get me started on epi pens! Most of this drug activity is in an area near BFD HQ's, yet the city seems content to revive the drug users. Pure BS!

Yep I work in EMS and see it all the time. They will tell you after you wake them up with it that they don't have to worry and when you ask them why they say because Narcan will save me!

I had a run a few years back working overtime in Harlem for an OD, child caller. We get there and a boy, no older than 5 or 6 lets us in and leads us to a bedroom where his dad is unresponsive on the bed. The boy, completely calm and emotionless says to us “it’s ok, just spray that stuff in his nose again and he’ll wake up.” Turn out it was his 3rd or 4th time calling for this. His dad didn’t wake up this time. Of all the shit I’ve seen over the years, that one probably sticks with me the most. It was so incredibly sad how deeply traumatized the boy was. He had a 1000 yard stare at just a few years old that I’ll never forget.