ANOTHER 9-11 MEMBER PASSES.

RET FDNY FF MARK PETER KOETZNER LAD*143... 22 Year Member of the FDNY & 9-11 First Responder..... in lieu of flowers the Family requests donations to the NYFF's Burn Center www.NYFFBurncenter.com

WAKE:

Massapequa Park Funeral Home

4980 Merrick Road

Massapequa ParkNY 11762

Tuesday, January 28th from 2-4 & 7-9

FUNERAL:

St. William the Abbott Church

2000 Jackson Avenue

Seaford NY 11783

(Between Sunrise Highway & Merrick Road)

Wednesday, January 29th at 11:00am

After the mass the Koetzner family would like to invite everyone back

to the North Massapequa Fire Department to celebrate Mark?s life.

The North Massapequa Fire Department is located at

960 Hicksville Road

North Massapequa

NY 11758

(1 block North of Sunrise Highway) REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

RET LT STEVE REISMAN WTC RELATED......  Steve has fought the good fight, he has finished the race, from now on a merited crown awaits...
Visition Tuesday June 3rd. Sinai Chapel 162-05 Horace Harding Expwy. Fresh Meadows, Queens
2-5 pm with Funeral service following at 5:30 pm

Steve did fight right up until the end....always optimistic .....just as he always was a gentlemen in the FDNY....always a pleasure to work with or just be around... .FF ENG*306 & ENG*71...LT ENG*307....REST IN PEACE BROTHER...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Regretfully, Retired FDNY EMS Captain William Olsen passed away today. Bill was riddled with cancer from 9/11 operations. Many of you may know him as he worked south Brooklyn and Staten Island for years. Funeral arrangements have not been posted as of this writing. Bill was my Captain both at EMS Station 43 in Coney Island and at EMS station 23 in Staten Island. Rest in peace Bill and may God watch over you and your family.

CPT OLSON....REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

RE: 9-11 LT Steve Reisman in reply # 82 above....  A fine sendoff at the Chapel ...well coordinated as always by the FDNY Ceremonial Unit ...the NYPD & the FDNY Pipers...the Family requests that any donations made as an expression of sympathy in Steve's memory be made to : Steven B. Reisman Memorial Fund 225 Hillturn Lane, Roslyn Heights, NY 11577.

RET FDNY LT JOHN "JACK" GREMSE....  Jack Passed To a Higher Level this morning 9-16-14 after a long battle w/cancer...FF LAD*104 ..LAD*142 & long time Member of LAD*126...LT ENG*302...REST IN PEACE BROTHER ..PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.... A line of duty funeral will be held for Lieutenant Jack Gremse this week due to
the 9/11 illness Jack contracted while working many hours down at Ground Zero
as a member of L126.

Funeral Arrangements

Vanella's Funeral Chapel
2-4 7-9 Thursday and Friday
2860 Long Beach Rd
Oceanside Ny
516 766 4424

Funeral Saturday 10:30am
St Ignatius Martyr Church
721 W. Broadway
Long Beach NY

E302/L155 will be the Honor Guard on Thursday night and E303/L126 will be the
Honor Guard on Friday night.

9/11 is still taking it's toll. May Lt John Gremse Rest in Peace.

This is the one thread on here that I don't like to see increase the number of pages. I don't know any of these firefighters. But I have a pretty good idea of what they did. I read everyone of these names and I think about that. If there is anybody in my life, excluding my own father, these are the guys that I have the highest amount of respect for. Most of them played a part as a role model for me and they never even knew it.

I can never claim to be what they were. There's just no comparison. There were some lucky enough to work with them. But I just watched what they did. I tried to follow their every moves whether it was at a fire, a car accident or even training at the ROCK. They have given so much to me.

Now they join their Creator. Hopefully when my day comes, I will join them.

Chief "68jk09", thank you for continuing this memory of these brave firefighters.

I would like to add. My thoughts are the same as I read the names of those War Years Firefighters in the thread "Another War Years Vet Passes". They were the BEST.

RET FDNY FF DAN HEGLUND.... We regret to announce the passing of
retired Firefighter Dan Heglund
(formerly assigned to Ladder Co. 33 and Rescue Co. 4)
which occurred this morning 9-22-14. Dan's passing was due to his many hours of service at the World Trade Center following the September 11th terrorist attacks.
REST IN PEACE BROTHER...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Arrangements will be posted when finalized.

Ret. FDNY Lt. Howard "Howie" Bischoff, L149 passed away earlier today and FDNY FF Robert Leaver passed away today at approx. 12:30hrs., both of 9/11-related cancer.

That's three brothers in one day, all from 9/11-related cancer. They are all at peace now.

Thoughts and prayers for them, their families, and their fellow brothers.

RET FDNY FF ROBERT E. LEAVER WTC RELATED.....REST IN PEACE BROTHER....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.... Assigned E-202 (retired as an Aide in D3).
9/25 Sorce Funeral Home, 728 West Nyack Rd. West Nyack NY 2-4 & 7-9pm
9/26 Funeral: St. Francis of Assisi, 128 Parrot Rd. West Nyack NY 10am