ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

68jk09

RET LT HUGH BARRY O'DONNELL LAD*107.....On 1-18-23 at 80 yrs of age....Appt to LAD*22...RET 9-28-99 after 35 yrs OTJ......REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES....I ran in with Barry quite often in ENY always a Gentleman with a smile.... Photo & Arrangements.... (Funeral Mass will be live-streamed ..link in the Funeral Parlor site...

https://www.thomasfdaltonfuneralhomes.com/tributes/Hugh-ODonnell

Last edited:

1261Truckie

DENNIS SMITH Eng*82 on…..1-21-22 - at the age of 81. OTJ 18 years 1963-1981
Author of 16 books, most notably Report from Engine Co. 82 and former member of the FDNY pipes and drums

His books gave a glimpse of the life of South Bronx fireman in 70s
Rest In Peace brother!
Continued Rest in Peace, Dennis Smith. Thank you for all you did for firefighting and firefighters. Continued Comfort for your family at home and on the job.

Captain784

I had the honor of meeting and talking with Dennis Smith when I was a covering Lieutenant and was working a tour in Dennis' unit CoOp City in the Bronx. He was a nice soft-spoken man, but you could tell he was really smart, and we talked and hit it off. Everyone in the Fire Service owes Dennis more than we can say, he was one of the best at telling everyone what being a firefighter in a high activity area like the South Bronx was and is really like. I have every copy of Firehouse Magazine, that was started by Dennis, it is still teaching me things after over 50 years of firefighting.
Rest if Peace Dennis a lot of us will miss you. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired