ANOTHER WAR YEARS VET PASSES.

RET FDNY FF JOE LABELLA  LAD*105.....Joe LaBella passed away Friday, February 6th, at home in Pinellas Park, Florida after a 6 year battle w/cancer. Joe came to Ladder 105 from the NYPD, was injured, and retired in the 1970?s....a Celebration Of His Life will be planned at a later date.......REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
WITH A SAD HEART I AM NOTIFYING YOU OF THE PASSING OF CHARLES J. OTT, RETIRED FDNY FIREFIGHTER.
BETTER KNOWN AS CHARLIE TO HIS FAMILY, FRIENDS AND CO-WORKERS. CHARLIE SERVED WITH TOWER LADDER 22 IN MANHATTAN AND LADDER 173 IN QUEENS. HE ALSO WAS ASSIGNED TO FDNY HEADQUARTERS PRIOR TO HIS RETIREMENT. 

CHARLIE PASSED AWAY ON SUNDAY, 8 FEB., AFTER A LONG ILLNESS.

VISITATION WILL BE ON WEDNESDAY, 11 FEB., AND THURSDAY, 12 FEB. AT THE HILLEBRAND FUNERAL HOME LOCATED AT 63-17 WOODHAVEN BLVD, QUEENS, NY FROM 2 TO 5 P.M. AND 7 TO 9 P.M. BOTH DAYS.

SERVICES WILL BE HELD ON FRIDAY, 13 FEB. AT 10:30 A.M. AT SAINT MARGARET?S ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, 66-05 79TH PLACE, MIDDLE VILLAGE, QUEENS, NY.

INTERMENT WILL FOLLOW AT SAINT JOHN?S CEMETERY ? 80-01 METROPOLITAN AVE., MIDDLE VILLAGE, QUEENS, NY. 

REST IN PEACE BROTHER......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.......Met Charlie at his boat club ...... worked w/his Son for several years he is now a CPT OTJ

A great guy ....SGT US Army Airborne......39 years in the FDNY ....Prior to appt to FF in ' 73 he was an FDNY Dispatcher for six years .....Also a FF in SQ*3 until they were disbanded in '76 then ENG*28 ......he also became a Charter Member of the current SQ*1 when they opened in BKLYN in December of '77.....then years later drove BC/FAJ Author Jack C. in BN*22 ....Ken posted on the sites as "spotlight"  he was on the Rant only yesterday .......Ken's Son is OTJ......REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH MILITARY & FDNY.......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

Charlie Ott and I came on the job same day, 3/30/60. Great guy, great firefighter. Always a smile with the glass always half full. A couple of training days at the rock they would put us in the smoke house for mask training. I would always try to get by Charlie, then I would reach over and close off the soft tubing from the regulator to the mask and Charlie would lose air. After a second or two he would realize what it was and smack my hand away. Never got mad always laughed about it.  So sorry to hear about his passing, may he Rest in Peace.

68jk09 said:
RET FDNY FF Kenny Pogan  OTJ as a FF for 39 years......A great guy ....formerly an FDNY Dispatcher then  a FF in SQ*3 until they were disbanded in '76 then ENG*28 if i remember......he also became a Charter Member of the current SQ*1 when they opened in BKLYN in December of '77......then years later drove BC/FAJ Author Jack C. in BN*22 ....Ken posted on the sites as "spotlight"  he was on the Rant only yesterday .......Ken's Son is OTJ......REST IN PEACE BROTHER.....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

No further arrangements yet.

Kenny was a Great guy, knew him from early buffing days him in E18 me in E280, reconnected in 80's and we talked at least once a week or twice since I moved to Florida in 2004. I will miss him terribly as I only talked to him Monday night for about an hour. Condolences to PJ and his son Kenneth and the Family.  BTW Kenny was also a member of the Fire Patrol and a Viet Nam Veteran.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
ARRANGEMENTS FOR KEN POGAN, Sr:

Viewing will be at the Hamon Funeral Home located at 571 Forest Ave, Staten Island on Sunday (2-15) and Monday (2-16) from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

There will be a mass at Blessed Sacrament Roman Church, 30 Manor Rd, on Tuesday, (2-17) at 10 a.m.

Interment will follow at Saint Peters Cemetery - Clove Rd - Staten Island.

RET FDNY Asst. Chief JAMES O. PATTERSON QBC.....Occurred Thursday 1/28/15

Wake: Benta Funeral Home
630 St. Nicholas Ave
212-281-8851

Viewing: 2/14/15. 1:30-5:30 PM

Mass:
st Phillips Episcopal Church
204 West 134 St NY, Ny
2/17/15
10AM................................................................
REST IN PEACE BROTHER......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

RET FDNY FF PAT Mc KILLOP  ENG*58......REST IN PEACE BROTHER ......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.........Services were held already.

RET FDNY LT CHRIS GLIANNA LAD*111 ....Wake 2/24 Fairchild funeral home Garden City, 2-4 , 7-9. Funeral 10 am Wednesday St. Joseph's Garden City.
Chris was also a FF in R*1 & ?....his Uncle Szebbie was a LT in 216 in the '60s.......REST IN PEACE BROTHER......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.

RIP Chris. He started in Squad 3, followed by L123 on Ralph Ave. and then up to 56 Truck in the Bronx prior to Rescue 1.

I met Chris when He was about young fellow, his Father was a Lt. in Eng 280 and he used to come to the firehouse with his father and ride.  R.I.P.