"anytime baby" tomacat logo?

Doc

hey folks
Looking for some info and pictures if possible.  Currently working on former engine 218 and came across pictures of it with the Tomcat (f14) logo with the cat and the phrase anytime baby on it.  Does anyone have any info on why this was put on that engine?  It looks like it was put on some other rigs as well as at least one PD unit.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Doc

Grumman aircraft on LI made the Tomcat fighter, it had a double tail thus  the symbol...103 had a couple on the rig, anybody new someone who worked at Grumman could have gotten them

Interesting info on the Tomcat symbol. Thanks for sharing, L-103(ret).

Also, the tomcat logo has been used on non-FDNY rigs. For example, Kentland, MD's Tower Ladder 33 has the same "Anytime, Baby" logo on it. Ironically, one of the tower ladders that the company operated was a 1994 Seagrave 75' Aerialscope, ex-FDNY TL17.

Doc

Thanks for the info!  Looks like we are going to try to restore it down the line but for now just trying to make it look nice and represent its past. We contacted an artist to try to get them to paint them as well we are looking into having decals made.

Thanks
Dic

Several FDNY & NYPD Rigs had the Tomcat logo on Rigs ....I don't think any really used it as "their" logo ....I think they just slapped one on if they came across one ?......I don't have my copy of FIRE by Steve Scher https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/fire-fdny-picture-book-steven-scher-505158737 readily available but I remember a page having a picture of FF John Kopp RIP sitting on the Running Board of 108s Rig next to the TC logo....maybe someone with the book & the capability could post it ?

Last edited:
^^^^^ I seem to remember in Steve Spak's NYPD pictorial book there was at least one TC logo picture also

Bethpage FD L-3 has been using the Grumman “ Tom Cat“ for years. In fact Bethpage , Long Island N.Y. Is where Grumman was located and the F-14 Tom Cat was Assembled for years . Many members of BFD L-3 were long time employees of Grumman and worked on the F-14 Project. L-3 as been rocking the “TomCat “ for over 35 years …if not longer!

Attachments

• IMG_1863.jpeg
    IMG_1863.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1871.jpeg
    IMG_1871.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1872.jpeg
    IMG_1872.jpeg
    284 KB · Views: 16