Collapse Rescue

Yes but 6 million for one rescue, a tiller doesn’t cost that much.

Just remember that it is probably close 3-4 million for each rescue. This is due to buying spare parts, all the trips the inspection teams have to do for each, the training required for the mechanics, and firefighters, all the service manuals and documentation. Those are all separate line items on the bid.

OK, so with the specs outlined, who is talented enough to do a composite sketch of the information that is provided

I think since Sandy, that most of the Special operations vehicles could be used in a short notice for water rescue crews. These trucks now becoming crew cabs means it could become extra water rescue crew with a couple of duffel bags of gear and bring a crew in the cab. So FDNY would increase the water rescue capability of the department. Just my thoughts.
now that i think of it how about rope rescue as well?

Is the bid for new collapse rescue rigs or squad’s second pieces ? The original post said collapse rigs . And if the bid is actually for squad second pieces ….i got ask ..where is Sq 1, 18 ,& 252 going to keep them ….because 4 door crew cabs won’t fit in their firehouses.
What’s the point of the 4 door second pieces anyway when there’s only ever 2 people on them?

What’s the point of the 4 door second pieces anyway when there’s only ever 2 people on them?
So the reason FDNY wants to make this multi purpose vehicle if they need to more water rescue units. They can with boat and motor compartment and with the crew cab can have the full water rescue team to be sent out in case of another event like Hurricane Sandy.

So the reason FDNY wants to make this multi purpose vehicle if they need to more water rescue units. They can with boat and motor compartment and with the crew cab can have the full water rescue team to be sent out in case of another event like Hurricane Sandy.
The HTMUs? I mean I can see the squad pieces and SSLs but…

what happens if the rescue companies need the collapse unit and they’re all tied up with other things?

The quoted price seems incredibly high. The average cost for a heavy rescue is probably between $1.5 and $2 million right now. Even with how detailed FDNY's specs are, I couldn't see a rescue costing more than an Aerialscope. Maybe the price also includes all new equipment but unless that's reflected in the specs, that cost for equipment would be separate.

Okay just to clarify the new collapse rescues! The specs were made before the new rescues were ordered. At the time they didn’t think they were keeping all the spare rescues. The Ferraras being so bad they decided to have a back up rescue truck with everything the rescue has on the collapse rig basically. So recently the collapse in the bronx R11 was called in for prolonged ops relieving R3 SQ61 SQ41. Instead of tying up another another Rescue and Squad they will have the new collapse rigs which are basically rescue trucks with more collapse equipment on them.

Now the Rescue 6 subject. It was kept because how bad the Ferrara spares are…. Each rescue goes on rotation for special events. If R1 reserve rig is down they would have to use someone else rescue. That’s where R6 comes into play who ever is on the rotation and they don’t have their reserve they will use R6… Was a time not to long ago where R11 R14 R4 R12 R6 where all OOS and R4 was using R13…. Currently R6 is OOS and has issues unknown if it’s coming back.

Nice rundown. i’ve actually seen the hyper rescue truck in Tokyo been there many times got a lot of different specialized equipment.