Collapse Rescues

Ferrara has been awarded a contract to build two new collapse rescues.  I understand that they will replace the rigs at CR 3 and CR 5, which are a 2002 GMC/1995 Supervac at R3, and a 1991 MR/ALF at R5.

kfd274 said:
Ferrara has been awarded a contract to build two new collapse rescues.  I understand that they will replace the rigs at CR 3 and CR 5, which are a 2002 GMC/1995 Supervac at R3, and a 1991 MR/ALF at R5.

This will really update the Collapse Rescue fleet.    CR1 @ L25 Manhattan, CR2 @ L132 Brooklyn and CR 4 @ L116 Queens all have 2005 Mack MR/Ferrara rigs,

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
I think they are getting grant money for alot of this stuff.. Last time around they may only had enough for the 3.

Will they be similar to the other three, as in Mack Chassis with the Ferrara Body??

FDNY150 said:
Will they be similar to the other three, as in Mack Chassis with the Ferrara Body??

They will be the same Ferarra body, but they will be mounted on a Spartan Chassis

FDNY220122 said:
FDNY150 said:

They will be the same Ferarra body, but they will be mounted on a Spartan Chassis

Yes, the ER Spartan, which is a two door model. Similar to the Mack MRs.

Im assuming Spartan was the low bidder on this??? this would be a the first spartan in the fleet??? actually there is another spartan as the funeral truck, but this would be the first spartan in front line service right??

anesti said:
I'm assuming Spartan was the low bidder on this??? this would be a the first spartan in the fleet??? actually there is another spartan as the funeral truck, but this would be the first spartan in front line service right??

I undersatand that the bid was won by Ferrara. The specs call for a two door cab, and the Spartan ER was probably less expensive than a 2 door Mack MR chassis.

Yes it ran as ladder 105 after 9-11 then was assigned to ladder 53 when 105 got thier new tower ladder in 2003 the spartan was given to tl-53 and thier 2000 seagrave was reassigned to ladder 45 until tl-45 got thier new rig in 2006 it has since been assigned to the fire accademy the spartan still remains at tl-53 since they are the slowest ladder in the city.

http://www.ferrarafire.com/CustomerSupport/InProduction/InProduction.html

here is the truck in production photos from ferrara and it is a spartan chassis

Bulldog

Bulldog
mofire24 said:

I couldn't find any of the trucks for FDNY on the list of trucks in production!  How are they listed?

Bulldog said:
mofire24 said:

I couldn't find any of the trucks for FDNY on the list of trucks in production!  How are they listed?

You will see 2 columns, one will say a city one will say a state. The city name is Long Island City NY instead of FDNY

Bulldog

Bulldog
Why in the world would they list them under Long Island city instead of New York City or FDNY?

Bulldog said:
Why in the world would they list them under Long Island city instead of New York City or FDNY?

We will never know. But that has to be the rig.

RPM3311 said:
Bulldog said:

We will never know. But that has to be the rig.
Probably because the fDNY Shops in L.I.C. is where the truck is going to be delivered to ::) ;)