DEC. 7 NEVER FORGET !

Willy: I think the actual number was a lot higher than that.

I looked it up: death toll was 2,335 servicemen and 68 civilians.

I couldn't imagine how the country felt on December 7, 1941 but I found out how on Sept 11, 2001.

I beleive the Giants were at home on that day. NY is 5 time zones ahead of Hawaii, I beleive an announcement for all military members to report to their units. Talk about one day changing the history of mankind. It seems we have forgotten this date, a date that will live in infamy. 60 years from now, will we forget 9-11.?

"We Must Remember Pearl Harbor". 2,402 Americans lost their lives on that tragic day. One of the two worst attacks on American Soil, the other being 60 years later on 9/11/01. There still remains an oil slick on the water surface of Pearl Harbor above where the U.S.S. Arizona was sunk, killing 1,177 American Sailors, half of the total lives lost on that day. May all of the soldiers, sailors, and airmen who perished on that fateful day, and days following that lead us into WWII, rest in peace.

The USS Arizona is still berthed. Oil from her bunkers still seep to the surface, many vets say it is the Arizona weeping for her losses.

Every year I try and refresh my memory and find different facts that we were never taught in school.  Once again I found a little tidbit of information that is seldome if ever mentioned.  Among the dead were Honolulu Firefighters Captain John Carreira, Captain Thomas S. Macy, and Hoseman Harry T.L. Pang who were killed at Hickam Field and 6 others wounded from shrapnel from a Japanese aerial bomb.

All 9 Firefighters were awarded the Purple Heart and remain the only non-military personnel to receive the medal in US history.

nfd2004 said:
Pearl Harbor, the start of WWll with 400 Americans killed.

Wow, I'm very sorry for being so far off with the numbers. I don't know where I got that number from.

But whether it was 400 or 4,000, every one was a human life lost. I'm sure they had families that suffered the huge loss at such an attack.

May they all Rest in Peace, and we can Never Forget December 7, 1941, just as we can Never Forget September 11, 2001. Two dates in America where innocent lives were taken from us.

Some people hate the fact that many have served our country to stand up for the Rights and Freedom that we have. And they continue to stand up for the Rights and Freedom we have today.