Dispatcher "3-3-0"

Today is the Beef's last tour. Good to here the brothers congratulate him on the air all day. Congrat's Beef on your many years of dedicated service to the FDNY.

Many congratulations going out to the Beef, aka Tree Tree Oh.

One of the best quotes from the members I believe came from Ladder 26 (?). After Beef retires from the Bronx C.O., the question is: "Where's the Beef"

Beef it was an amazing thing to have worked with you at Bx, congrats on your retirement.  Does anyone have a recording of his sign off?

fdny747 said:
Beef it was an amazing thing to have worked with you at Bx, congrats on your retirement.  Does anyone have a recording of his sign off?

That was a great send off. I hope somebody did get it.

I met Beef one day when "Irish" and I were riding around the Bronx. We rode by the Bronx C.O. and saw a dispatcher outside. We had heard dispatcher Tree Tree Oh working so we went up to ask about him. I remember Gman telling me that he grew up in the same neighborhood with Beef just down the street from Eng 60/Lad 17. The guy standing there turned out to be Beef.

I have a picture I took of Beef and Irish standing outside the Bronx C.O. I'll try to see if I can get one of my young friends with the high tech skills that I lack to post it here.

Congratulations Beef and thank you for your 43 years of service to the people of New York. 

In this video, you can see the Beef, Dispatcher 330, near the end at the 5:50 min mark, taking information from a caller.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvEhjBbv_L8

Glad someone posted this. I was listening on my portable on my way to work in totowa and the audio was getting choppy and I couldnt hear most of it towards the end. He was a class act in his work and went out classy.

Thank you very much Firstdue for posing that.

Also, "mercurygrandmarquis1", GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK. Your Uncle Wilfred, aka "NFD2004" will be in touch.

Beef, Bobby E., if you're out there, "your well deserved check will be in the mail soon". Welcome to the world of the UNEMPLOYEED RETIREES.

Just one of your long time fans from a place they call "Connecticut".

This is a video inside the dispatch office as many units in the city thank Dispatcher 330 for his service to the city. Good luck and best wishes for a long, happy, well deserved retirement sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwNU8uoAV24&feature=youtu.be

FDNY793727 said:
This is a video inside the dispatch office as many units in the city thank Dispatcher 330 for his service to the city. Good luck and best wishes for a long, happy, well deserved retirement sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwNU8uoAV24&feature=youtu.be

Thank you "FDNY793727". I watched that video and I consider it a "Collectors item" for sure.

There are many other GREATS that have retired as well who were also very well respected for what they did and received a similar send off. I think one might be standing in the background - maybe. Is that Brooklyn's Retired Dispatcher 120 ?

Some of the other Greats and guys always remembered for the job they did are guys like Brooklyn Dispatcher 102, aka George M., The Yak, and I'm sure a few more I forgot. Some I met only once. But it was always an honor for me to do so.

They are the hero's behind the scene who we often forget. And some of these guys can only be described as; "the BEST there ever was". Most of them worked during a time of historic proportions for fire activity in the City of New York. They worked a time before MDTs and computers. Role Models for others to follow. 

nfd2004 said:
Thank you very much Firstdue for posing that.

Also, "mercurygrandmarquis1", GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK. Your Uncle Wilfred, aka "NFD2004" will be in touch.

Beef, Bobby E., if you're out there, "your well deserved check will be in the mail soon". Welcome to the world of the UNEMPLOYEED RETIREES.

Just one of your long time fans from a place they call "Connecticut".

No problem, nfd2004

I enjoy listening to Da Bronx especially because of the Beefman.  I only knew him as dispatcher 126 but I guess he is also 330?  What is the difference? Why two dispatcher numbers?  Just curious.  I will miss the "Come in, K" very much.