Dodge/Ferrara Something

BCR

I thought KME was the only bidder for the atrv, can't tell but that dosent look like a 4x4. Maybe something for ems??

Bulldog

Bulldog
BCR said:
I thought KME was the only bidder for the atrv, can't tell but that dosent look like a 4x4. Maybe something for ems??
I just went and looked, and you were correct, KME was the low bidder for the ATRV units as well as for the new BFU units.  It looks like the same type of chassis that was used for the Swiftwater/scuba unit that was purchased last year.  That one was on a 4 chassis, but a new one could be on a Dodge.  That chassis is also very close to the same one used for the new ambulances for it could very well before EMS in some function.

Just whats needed....more "toys" while the 1st line Rigs especially the ENGs are rundown....did anybody notice all the spares being used in the pictures of the 6th alarm today ?

68jk09 said:
Just whats needed....more "toys" while the 1st line Rigs especially the ENGs are rundown....did anybody notice all the spares being used in the pictures of the 6th alarm today ?

Hmmm... I'm Not The Only One who noticed...  kinda' Pathetic, I thought... . :(

BCR

I thought it was an older fire when I saw the pictures with all the older rigs on scene !! On the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if the rig is some kind of new toy for SOC. They need to get some new engines on the road ASAP before these front line and spares end up worn out and unusable, can you imagine what is going to happen if KME's engines can't pass the FDNY inspection and they have to go to the next bidder ?? Heck it's been so long they would probably have to rebid. I really hope that does not happen because it is the brothers on the line that end up suffering not the pencil pushers that screwed it up !!

Bulldog

Bulldog
grumpy grizzly said:
check out Chicago pixs, lots of E*** and F*** spares working.
Does Chicago have an equipment replacement schedule written into their firefighters union contract like New York does?

I have training at Ft. Totten tomorrow, when I go ill take a few pics of the SCUBA/Swiftwater rescue rig. It's pretty nice

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
It's going to be a SCUBA unit from what I can find out.

Yea it's currently at the SCUBA unit on Ft. Totten, it's always parked outside the SOC/SCUBA building. I'm pretty sure it's permanently assigned there

grumpy grizzly said:
Chicago still has several 1982 Hendriclson/E-Ones single axle rear mounts as committed spares!

Geeze ! Those Rigs Are Older Than a lot of the FF's !

BCR

Would this be replacing the scuba unit lost during sandy then? Doesn't the scuba unit get parked out at the same house that has the atrv (329 I think) during the summer months ?

BCR

That is an extremely long truck,the high water rescues I noticed had license plates as well, is it possible there part of New York task force 1 ?

Bulldog

Bulldog
Just wondering but the thread started out talking about a new truck being built at Ferrara that was on a Dodge chassis and was classified as a light rescue, is exhausted talking about a Swiftwater rescue/scuba unit that is very obviously based on a Ford chassis!  Is the new unit based on a Dodge going to be a duplicate of this or something completely different?  That Is The Question that originally started this thread.