ESSO BRUSSELLS -SEA WITCH COLLISION 1973.

http://disasterhx.blogspot.com/2013/06/on-this-day-1973-ship-collisionfire-ny.html?m=1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        A real hairy job....i was not there but worked w/guys who were...R*2 had boarded the Sea Witch on a portable from a Fireboat....they were searching crew quarters on board when the ship began to list severely (in the direction of the FB)...the FB was ordered to cast off but refused & remained until all the Members were back on board...by that time shipping containers were sliding off the listing Sea Witch most (luckily) missing the FB.             

Cover photo of the  fireboat Archer at this job, I believe that was marine 6 at the time on the cover of the second issue WNYF 1973.  Article in the 4th issue WNYF 1973

I remember buffing that job. I wonder if a recording of the radio traffic from that night is available...