FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section

Mack,
I don't know if you can answer this and the information is for a gentleman that is developing brain cancer and many issues in his 70s I'm not pulling on your heart strings for help but I can't find his father who was a FDNY member during the 1940s and 1950shis helmet has 56 on it the number below was 2415 possibly a few years earlier or later. This MOS is not listed in the line of duty deaths but the family tells the story of Joachim McGlynn a FDNY firefighter who was injured making a grab in a fully engulfed structure in the Bronx. I don't know if he was on duty or ran in off duty but he was hospitalized saved the person's life a neighbor? He self released from the hospital suffering severe scarring to his lungs and succumbed to those injuries soon after leaving his son at 11 and daughter and another son older the ll yr old was born in 43 so this may have happened in 1955 his truck was 20 not sure on that 56 was on the helmet he was a tiller man from what I was told worked with ladder companies, my research shows a tiller 20 ladder in the 50s delivered new? I have the original picture of it during my research. The area of his assignment was told to me to be the Bronx and Manhattan he lived in the Bronx and breezy point.his wife was Ann Margret McGlynn of the Bronx. I contacted FDNY a Mr Hicks who told me the files are gone from age no help, I'd like to give him a clear idea of who his dad was his mom passed away some years later of Alzheimer's leaving alot of unanswered questions, my fiancee is his daughter she wants to know her grandfather.i do know his wife during the 9/11 attacks was contacted by FDNY and given money for her husbands contribution in the war years and after his life..its confusing mack I have researched all I can. Can you help I'm lost in the sauce.
Liam Gibson
Fallout_shelter@live.com
Checked WNYF Retirements and In Memoriam lists from 1940-1975 - not found.

Checked WNYF Retirements and In Memoriam lists from 1940-1975 - not found.
Somebody found him under Joseph Joachim McGlynn he was admitted as a MOS lon 11/1/33 his probationary post was Engine 14 and was moved to Engine 56 his FDNY number was #2415 I was looking for info on the off duty Fire that caused him to succumb to his injuries ,he recieved a medal called the key to the city, He isn't listed as a LODD it occured around 1952-4 he was given a Departmental funeral. I am looking for why he's not listed as LODD since fireman or on duty 24/7 if he saw his neighbors house engulfed in flames. went in to save his friend and was mortally injured and later passed from it he should be listed as a LODD. family back then we're treated like he was. But none are alive to give any facts. Some FDNY Historian went out of his way and found Joseph as a MOS. I want to thank him. this gentleman without being asked found him and documents showing his postings. I am very grateful since I may have given up hope trying to find him after this. I just want to thank you and him and many others for their passion to FDNY history and it's past. I am hooked on learning what I can on early NYC Firefighting. It's a rush to see pictures of early NYC and it's in your neighborhood and still there, that's what makes these stories fascinating. And I would love to find pictures of Joseph on the job and the fires he fought and apparatus he rode. In 1933 during the depression.
it was a privilege to serve with FDNY, unfortunately most dug ditches for the WPA.while guys in rubber turnout gear offering little protection no SCBA did their job keeping NYC safe. Totally a job I wish I had the foresight years ago to get involved in but stuff happens.