FDNY CENTENNIALS.

mack

Administrator
Chief - there is no centennial thread, even though there should be.  1913 was a year of tremendous expansion for FDNY. 

Individual unit centennials have been posted in the "News and Events" section.  Too bad they can't be moved under one title in one section.

I guess i was confused w/another site .....i guess we can continue to add to this one.

68jk09 said:

Chief, I was lucky enough to be present for the Ceremony,a few special tributes,nice tributes by the FC and COD.The plague that was there for Tommy McAnuff brought back many unpleasant memories as Tommy was a friend of mine,We went to a third alarm on a cold winter night ,Tommy got sick and wound up with walking pneumonia and later died. I'll never forget the Hearse and Funeral procession passing by the Qtrs of E280 L132. The rigs were pulled out on the apron,members were in Class "A"s and the Bell was tolled, a few days later there was an article in either the News or Mirror with a picture of the rigs on the apron.
I thought the ceremony was fantastic as the crowd was something else both qtrs were filled with people and there were members and people on the apron and in the street as well as the Pipe Band, all in all it was a gret time as was the Collation after at the Bklyn Museum.    R.I.P.  Tommy and also the WTC victims.

Jack O'Reilly