Firehouse replacement

With a active life of 10 years before replacement (ideally,) I'm wondering what they will be doing with the current Squad 61 and Ladder 10 apparatus when they get their new rigs. Will they include the original murals on the new rigs, and if not, what will become of the old rigs when they go out of service? I'd hate to see them made spares and then get beat up all over the city.
Any info, not rumors?

With a active life of 10 years before replacement (ideally,) I'm wondering what they will be doing with the current Squad 61 and Ladder 10 apparatus when they get their new rigs. Will they include the original murals on the new rigs, and if not, what will become of the old rigs when they go out of service? I'd hate to see them made spares and then get beat up all over the city.
Any info, not rumors?
both rigs are on there 2nd rig with murals so why not give them a new rig with murals

Back in ‘84 I was a Lieutenant in TL 79, the job came around with blue prints / drawings of a new house to be built next to the Firehouse to take up the whole corner. It was impressive with a three bay apparatus section and a two story office dormitory attached. Later that year they sent around a private electric company to re-wire the house. So that was the end of a new house 🥴 just saying there are always plans being made, sort of a wish list until the accountants take over .

There are a few houses that the city should take advantage in new houses.

35/14 can easily get a new house for basically free if they give up that corner and have them build a new house into a high rise. Same with 54/4 and a others

35/14 can easily get a new house for basically free if they give up that corner and have them build a new house into a high rise. Same with 54/4 and a others
Is that the future of firehouse architecture? Cubby holes in hi rise buildings?

My father worked in L14 in their single house on 125th St. with the spiral staircase. I also recall relocating to E35 and 36 in their original single houses in East Harlem when they were among the busiest working companies in the job.

The architecture of firehouses and other municipal buildings reflect the spirit and soul of a city at a point in their time. But then, in this era
of tearing down anything of historical value, why would we care? Such a shame.

About 40 years ago I heard that someone bought the air rights of Engine 54, Ladder 4, and Battalion 9. If that's true they can't build there.

About 40 years ago I heard that someone bought the air rights of Engine 54, Ladder 4, and Battalion 9. If that's true they can't build there.
I know back in the day they sold the air rights around the 8 Battalion quarters and I heard that's how the whole mess started.