"FIRESTORM" book.

An ad in the current, Nov/Dec issue on page 27 states there is a history of the War Years being contemplated. Ad indicates this is a year-by-year history of FDNY during its War Years including apparatus, incidents, firehouses, and plans and procedures as well as never published background information. Available 2025.

truck4

Administrator
Some scoop for you guys:

-Get your pre-orders in ASAP, deadline is Monday for the $10 off.

-Online ordering at FAJ may be ready next week *after* the 15th.

-International orders will be directed to FSP books and video for international shipping.

-Pre-orders have been very strong

-Book will be released SOON

gym

Received my copy last week and had an unimaginable amount of pictures and information. Thanks to John Calderone and any others who assisted in gathering the contents.

Just picked up my copy at the local post office. I just browsed through it and this book is outstanding. I predict in the future it will join the ranks of those other 2 books on FDNY that are extremely hard to find. Well done sir!

Haven't read the book yet. It's next after I finish the current book I'm reading. But knowing jack Caldrone i know that the book will be amazing.

I finally ordered a copy today it looks great. I have some of Jack's other books this should be even better.

I got this a couple days ago and got to look through it. Beautiful work and probably the best FDNY book I have. My uncle Mike was a War Years FF and I grew up in the late '60s-'70s so it has alot of memories for me. I remember my parents taking me to E165 way back in the early '70s when I lived in SI and the guys letting me sit in the rigs. Great times and a great book.

I am just starting 1973 and i think this is the best book on the FDNY I have read. The stats are amazing and I like to see the locations in Brooklyn I've worked throughout my career listed and look at Google map images of how much has changed since then. I'm not a member so my question to the members is where does JC get all the incident info date, Box, location and units involved? Its very interesting to me to read these short incident reports he has in the book.

This is the definitve book on FDNY during its busiest period. The amount on information on the fires, the department trying to keep pace with the insane number of incidents, false alarms, as well as fires is outstanding. I am only up to 1973 but the amount of political bull shit by the city with its unwillingness to negotiate with the union is unbelievable. The city was going to hell, garbage workers were on strike but they couldn't see the forest through the trees. This book is recommended reading for anyone who is interested with FDNY during the worst of times.

I remember stories every day in the NY Daily News and on tv about the disgraceful condition of the city and the fires. Furlough FDNY members?! In a city where they let fires burn due to "civil unrest" and inability of the cops to control crime. Besides the clowns of the city trying to downplay tens of thousands of responses to hide their incompetence. NYC was not a good place to live in the '70s.

Hallo. Unfortunately this top book seems to be momentarily not avaiable at FSP books. Does anyone knows another source to purchase? I wanted to buy it as a birthday gift. The birthday is in the last days of August 2024.

Hallo. Unfortunately this top book seems to be momentarily not avaiable at FSP books. Does anyone knows another source to purchase? I wanted to buy it as a birthday gift. The birthday is in the last days of August 2024.
Buy it directly from the author at Fire App Journal

1000002765-png.41777

Very well done and very informative. Hard to believe what the members went thru back then. Fires, politics, unrest, aging equipment.
It was highly anticipated and seems to be very well received. Chief Calderone always produces a top-notch, quality product. It is a very welcome addition to my collection, especially having ridden with 132 from 1968 to 1975.

Unfortunately I believe it's sold out

Yes, you are CORRECT "Lebby", I checked about one week ago and THEY WERE SOLD OUT.

When I first checked they were available, but I held off due to the funds I had available at the time.

When I went back, "SORRY SOLD OUT"

Let me add, "Spanner" - "IT REALLY DID HAPPEN"
I was a buff at the time and it was unbelievable what those FDNY WAR YEARS FIREFIGHTERS DID and HOW THEY SURVIVED.
"THEY REALLY WERE THE GREATEST GENERATION OF FIREFIGHTERS"

As many of you know, we have several of those members right here on this site.
I consider it a TRUE HONOR to know and be friends with them.

We also need to give the same due respect to those FDNY WAR YEARS Fire Dispatchers, and to all of the NYC/EMS and NYPD members who were also a part of it.

There were also FDNY Auxiliary Firefighters too, but when the budget crisis hit, with the closing of some FDNY companies, that group was eliminated.

Disappointed of course that I waited too long to buy this book, BUT I DO HAVE SOME OTHER EXCELLENT BOOKS that tell the story.
A few of them written by members of this web site organization.

Now as I tell so many people, "when I was buffing the FDNY, I learned what I could NEVER learn from a book".
I got a college degree without getting a diploma.

Yes, you are CORRECT "Lebby", I checked about one week ago and THEY WERE SOLD OUT.

When I first checked they were available, but I held off due to the funds I had available at the time.

When I went back, "SORRY SOLD OUT"

Let me add, "Spanner" - "IT REALLY DID HAPPEN"
I was a buff at the time and it was unbelievable what those FDNY WAR YEARS FIREFIGHTERS DID and HOW THEY SURVIVED.
"THEY REALLY WERE THE GREATEST GENERATION OF FIREFIGHTERS"

As many of you know, we have several of those members right here on this site.
I consider it a TRUE HONOR to know and be friends with them.

We also need to give the same due respect to those FDNY WAR YEARS Fire Dispatchers, and to all of the NYC/EMS and NYPD members who were also a part of it.

There were also FDNY Auxiliary Firefighters too, but when the budget crisis hit, with the closing of some FDNY companies, that group was eliminated.

Disappointed of course that I waited too long to buy this book, BUT I DO HAVE SOME OTHER EXCELLENT BOOKS that tell the story.
A few of them written by members of this web site organization.

Now as I tell so many people, "when I was buffing the FDNY, I learned what I could NEVER learn from a book".
I got a college degree without getting a diploma.
What I found amazing was the different remedies that were proposed and/or put into practice. Among the ones I do not understand was the Combined Fire Company. Apparatus are taking a beating but they put a concept where both and engine and a truck respond on every call. And it appears there was a lot of animosity between City Hall and the FDNY itself. I hope they do a second printing for those who couldn't get it when first published!