Hartford LODD

May he Rest in Peace.

My condolences to the friends and family members of this firefighter, and to the members of the Hartford Fire Department.

I've been told he was a firefighter with Hartfords Engine 16. The firefighter with burns transported to the Burn Unit in Bridgeport Hospital jumped out of a window and is assigned to Tac 1, Hartfords Rescue Co.

RIP Brother.  Prayers going up now for you, your family, brother firefighters and friends.  Praying for a speedy and complete recovery for the injured.

REST IN PEACE BROTHER......PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES & A FULL RECOVERY FOR THE INJURED.

Prayers for the fallen Firefighter may he rest in eternal peace. Condolences to the fallen member's family and members of the H.F.D.. Prayers for the member from TAC-1 for a speedy recovery.

The last sentence of the Firemen's Prayer:And if according to Your will I have to lose my life, God bless with Your protecting hand my children and my wife.

Rest in peace. Thoughts and prayers for him, his family, the others who were injured, and the entire department.

This info is copied from the Hartford Fire Fighters Associatiion IAFF Local 760 web site.

October 9, 2014 TO: General Membership FROM: Vincent Fusco, President RE: Funeral Arrangements for Firefighter Kevin Bell Dear Brother and Sister Firefighters, Preliminary Wake and Funeral arrangements have been completed for Brother Kevin L. Bell as follows: Date: October 13, 2014 Time: 10:00 am to 11:00 am Calling hours and Firefighter Walk Through 11:00 am Funeral Mass Location: The First Cathedral 1151 Blue Hills Ave. Bloomfield, CT 06002 Class A Uniforms are to be worn by all members Additional information will be disseminated as it becomes available. The Kevin L. Bell Memorial Family Fund has been established through the Hartford Fire Fighters Survivors' Fund to benefit the family of Brother Bell. Donations may be sent to the following: Kevin L. Bell Memorial Family Fund C/O Hartford Fire Fighters Survivors' Fund Farmington Bank 669 Hebron Ave Glastonbury, CT 06033 Please keep Kevin's family in your thoughts and prayers. Thank You

Funeral Arrangements for Firefighter Kevin Bell

Preliminary Wake and Funeral arrangements have been completed for Brother Kevin L. Bell as follows: Date: October 13, 2014 Time: 10:00 am to 11:00 am Calling hours for family, friends and is limited to Hartford Fire Department personnel only.

11:00 am Funeral Mass Location: The First Cathedral 1151 Blue Hills Ave. Bloomfield, CT 06002 Class A Uniforms are to be worn by all members.

The staging/assembly area for all non-HFD uniformed personnel will be at the Xfinity Center just north of Hartford. All personnel will be bused to the church for the Funeral, to the cemetery and to the reception at the CT Convention Center, then back to the Xfinity Center.

Also, all departments are asked not to bring any fire apparatus.

The Kevin L. Bell Memorial Family Fund has been established through the Hartford Fire Fighters Survivors' Fund to benefit the family of Brother Bell. Donations may be sent to the following: Kevin L. Bell Memorial Family Fund C/O Hartford Fire Fighters Survivors' Fund Farmington Bank 669 Hebron Ave Glastonbury, CT 06033

Please keep Kevin's family in your thoughts and prayers.

During the services for Hartford Firefighter Kevin Bell, ALL Hartford Fire Department members will be able to attend these services. The City of Hartford will be bringing in many other departments to cover the entire city.

I believe members from Bridgeport, Meriden, Middletown, East Hartford, Manchester, Norwich, and West Hartford will be covering the city. I know Norwich is sending their Reserve Ladder with a captain and three firefighters. I believe they are scheduled to be there at 0600 hours to receive their assignments.

Site member "Patrickfd" might be able to add or correct me on any of this information. Pat D., a retired East Hartford firefighter, has close ties to the Hartford Fire Department. Also, any updates on the condition of the member being treated in the Bridgeport Hospital Burn Unit ?

In order for ALL the members of the Hartford Fire Department to pay their last respects to their friend and Brother Fire Fighter Kevin Bell, the City of Hartford will receive coverage from the following fire departments. All units to be in Hartford for assignment at 0600 hrs.

Engines covering the city - each to include One Officer and Three Firefighters:
    East Hartford
    West Hartford
    New Britian
    Middletown
    Meriden
    Manchester
    West Haven
    Southington
    Bridgeport
    Westport
    Stamford
    Bristol

Ladders covering the city - each to include One Officer and Three Firefighters:
    West Hartford
    Norwich
    New Britian
    Norwalk
    Bridgeport

Rescue covering the city - to include One Officer and Three Firefighters
    Fairfield

Chiefs
      East Hartford
      New Britian
      Also another to be determined

Safety Officer
      To be determined

Mechanic Shops
      New Britian

Some covering companies:

UCONN FD Tower Ladder, Fairfield FD Rescue 1, East Hartford Battalion - Tac. 1, District 1
Bridgeport FD Engine 1, Bridgeport FD Tower Ladder 5 - Engine 1, Ladder 6
N/A, New Britain Deputy - Engine 2, Ladder 3, District 2
Manchester FD Engine 4 - Engine 5
Bristol FD Engine - Engine 7
Waterbury FD Engine - Engine 8
UCONN FD Engine - Engine 9
Southington FD Engine - Engine 10
N/A - Engine 11, Ladder 5
Stamford FD Engine, Norwalk FD Truck 2 - Engine 14, Ladder 4
N/A - Engine 15, Ladder 2
Westport FD Engine - Engine 16

Meriden Engine 4 (?) acting Hartford Engine 15